Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Where to try new bows to buy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by AVX, Oct 30, 2023.

1. AVX

AVX Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,
    I'm relatively new to archery, having started a couple of years ago. I'm now ready to purchase a new bow with the ultimate goal of eventually hunting. I currently have a PSE Nighthawk.

I'm looking to get either a Black Wolf, a CD Archery WF19, Black Elk, Titan III or Hoyt Satory. I've researched all the above bows but I'm really loving the Black Wolf.

I live in LA, and there are very few archery shops. None of the ones close to me and even going as far as San Diego and Riverside, have any of these risers for me to try. This leaves me having to buy blind from the internet, equipment that will cost between $600-$1,000.

What do you recommend I do, should I just go ahead and buy say the Black Wolf and hope that I like it?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If there are no shops in your area with those bows you may not have another choice than to purchase online. Just make sure you check with the retailer you purchase from in case you want to return or exchange it.

AVX likes this.
  3. AVX

AVX Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You are correct, I'll have to order online. I decided on the Titan II with long Black Max 2.0 limbs. Seems like a safer bet than the Black Wolf for someone who is getting started.