Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

When's the last time you punched someone in the face?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by P.Smash, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I might be in the minority but I have never been in a fight. I never saw a need to get into a fight and find them to be nothing but trouble.

2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Statute of limitations hasn't passed yet, huh? :)

Only once in my life have I punched a guy in the face. Like gltomp above, I was a skinny kid in school. I grew up on a farm, though, so I wasn't weak. I was a senior in high school and the biggest dude in school decided it was my day. I could have and should have walked away, but I'd had enough. At first it was just a wrestling match, but when he tried to knee me in the groin and then swung and missed, I connected hard with a right.

I'll never forget what he said then with blood running down his face. He said "You mother-(you know what), you're gonna be sorry you ever did that." Had a teacher not shown up less than a minute later I probably would have been very sorry. Still, I was left alone the rest of my high school days.

3. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Growing up in Kentucky we fought a lot. Seems like every young guy did at one point or another. It's how pecking order was established. Not saying it was right. It's just how things were, and probably still are. The last time I got into a fight was in college, see earlier post, but also got into several fights in middle and high school. I was never one to start it, but by god I'd finish it. Some of the guys I got into fights with when I was a kid turned out to be good friends later down the road even to this day.

4. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Something like that.

5. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sometimes you have no choice.
    this wasn't my last, but has to do with archery hunting...............

In my early 30's, left work on my way to my hunting area, as we turned from 1 lane into 2, the jeep ahead of me decided he wanted to move over and occupy the same spot in my lane.
    POLITELY and QUICKLY I gave him a short toot of the horn to alert him of my presence in his blind spot, and continued past him.
    bout a mile later I stopped in front of the local sporting goods store to grab a bottle of buck lure.
    as I step out of my car, here comes jeep dude sliding sideways to a stop, jumps out and bum rushes me.
    twice my size he had me by the throat and backed against my car, rambling some nonsense about running him off the road as I smelled the booze reaking off of him.
    again POLITELY and QUICKLY, I moved his nose bone 2" off center to directly under his right eye.
    I left without the buck lure and him still laying there in the puddle of his "I'm bigger than you" mistake.
    I didn't see any deer that night, but I'm guessing he couldn't see anything for about a week :)

6. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There were many times when a fight came looking for me. Being 6'5", I used to get looks from everybody. College and early 20's at the bars there's always somebody drunk enough to try and establish himself by messing with the big guy. 90 % of the time I've walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A long time ago. Tequila was integral to the story. The end.

8. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hockey tournament 2006, Third period, Semi Finals, I was a very angry goalie and didn't like people in my crease.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Goalie fight!!!!! Did you get some good slaps in or did you just pull hair?:D

10. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My blocker met face twice before being broken up, never got the full Roy vs Vernon experience.

11. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is spot on IMO