Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

When's the last time you punched someone in the face?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by P.Smash, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ccw has changed most people's mind on throwing a punch out of the blue good way of getting shot these days. The old days of bar fighting are over.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You might want to rethink that, you can carry all you want but if you have alcohol in your system you will lose.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never, but there was a couple occasions when I was young where people tripped and landed on my fist.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure I have ever understood the thought that punching someone changes anything or some how could make you feel better.....

Fighting to defending your life or a love ones is totally different, but punching someone because they piss you off or you're having a bad day is a sure sign you probably need to see a shrink! :bash:

5. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What I ment was the days of just throwing a punch is over I know two women over 55 that carry in there purse. Thugs are not going to stick around for a blood test...maybe a bleeding test :wave:

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah sorry I had people who obey and respect laws in mind not your typical barfly.

7. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thugs didn't care about the legality of carrying a gun either so concealed carry didn't change for them. Those who get concealed carry hopefully understand when its use is or is not permitted.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't remember even remember if I actually ever really hit anyone. I was in plenty of fights in middle school. It was the typical adolescent attitude and jockeying for position in the pecking order.

I remember the last time I was punched in the face though. That was freshman year. Same kind of stupid stuff, I was sitting in a chair that another guy wanted to sit in. We argued, I stood up and he hit me as hard as he could before I even knew it, right in the mouth. I looked at him, called him and azzhole and walked off. Earned a lot of respect that day for taking his best shot and walking away. Nobody ever really messed with me after that and I never had to fight again.

9. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1995. Sophomore year in HS. Haven't had to do it since then. It was outside the portable of my baseball coach/ math teacher and I couldn't play that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can't really remember, probably back in school at some point. I never really saw the point of goin out and getting drunk and fighting, when I drink it's to have a good time not be in a bunch of drama.

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Unless life threatening it is never becoming to stoop to the level of stupid and punch someone...honestly most times I've seen people swing or get in fights both sides look simply unintelligent. Only times I feel justified in fighting is when defending those that need it and the other side attacks me or if a loved one is in trouble...otherwise it is sheer lack of self-control in my opinion.

**edit if my relative is being an idiot I ain't fighting to help them...but I'll attempt to stop them getting what they deserve with reason :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  12. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unless you are being punched, there really is no reason to throw a punch. And, if you are being punched, there was almost certainly a chance to avoid that situation in the first place. Hitting someone is a great way to lose everything you have worked hard to gain. Unless of course, you are in grade school and somebody just took your cookie at lunch.

13. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    never?

fighting is one of the trashiest things I can think

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Especially if those Oatmeal Raisin ones....I ain't bitter....

15. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well for me it was 1991 senior year HS. Kid backed me into a corner showing off in the locker room after football practice. I remember thinking "I either hafta punch this A-hole in the face or be picked on all season".....so I knocked his big front tooth out :tu:

I have not hit anyone in anger since, although a few times I have REALLY wanted too....

16. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yet most of use love action movies where the proverbial good guy kicks azz from start to finish....

Last time I punched someone in the face was last year. I was shooting my bow out in the yard and my release adjustment had backed off a touch on the light side. When I started to draw my bow my hook released without being triggered and I punched myself in the snoz and mouth.

The funny thing is I can't decide whether to brag on myself for throwing a mean straight right, for being able to take a hell of a punch or being ashamed that my right can't knock someone out...lifes conundrums...lifes a bytch then ya die.

17. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can also think of 3 or 4 somewhat recent stories in my local news where a punch turned into a guy getting hit, him falling and hitting his head on something and dieing. That's a lot of time in the pokey for a punch.

18. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never...
    Growing up, I was the 98 pound weakling - fear and common sense kept me from hitting anyone.

19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not really sure what factors were different in my life that caused me to fight a decent amount as compared to many of you guys on this thread.

Fighting is "trashy"? How about you get picked on and attacked over and over. Sometimes you just draw a line in the sand and say, f it. I remember years in my life growing up where I was in 5-6 fights for many years. I didnt go looking for the fights they came to me. I've had bones in my face and hands broken.....I'll stop there.

Last decent fight I was in was in my early 20s..this one I probably could have avoided but once again, I was attacked. Big bouncer talking trash over and over. Told him to shut up...he punched me then he got knocked out. Had a court date...not guilty. Within a year of that encounter I was in mma training and other than at my current line of work, I haven't been in a fight since.

20. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never had to. I used to get pissed at people but anymore I just laugh things off. I've worked too hard to throw everything away on some fool.