When is the right time to declare martial law in Chicago?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What does demographic have anything to do with having an understanding of personal responsibility, making smart choices, and learning to be a functioning member of society? Those qualities apply everywhere. If someone doesn't want to be brainwashed by government and they don't want to be on the streets selling crack or shooting back and forth at the sight of rival thugs, the things I mentioned above are all it takes. It's not rocket science and it doesn't take a government to fix the problem. Government IS the problem, they tell people they're entitled and then take from a functioning member of society and give to the non-functioning member of society. How many cities run by crony liberals need to be turned into a dangerous wasteland? It's not something we can just waltz into Chicago and fix ourselves. People need to make choices and stop voting in the morons and they need to start taking personal responsibility for their actions and learn to be functioning citizens.

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Any city that has 475 shootings in two months needs to be dealt with sooner than later. It is obvious that for whatever reason the police and the people that live there are unable or unwilling to make a dent. Time to make a change.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The whole point here is that none of us, not the city government, not the state government and certainly not the federal government are even capable of changing people mindset. The only people who can change the way things are going are strong leaders within the black community standing up and letting it be known that enough is enough and thuggery will no longer be accepted. The problem is, those leaders that are looked upon to stand up are spending their time pointing fingers at the white man. Instead of empowering the people of those communities to do better for themselves they constantly find ways to shift the blame away from the true source of the problems. They don't ever talk about the fact terrible tragedy of men not being fathers to their children and leaving the mother to figure it all out on their own. They never talk about how people need to take responsibility to educate themselves, they just talk about how bad the schools are. They never talk about the drug and gang culture within the inner city. They never promote personal responsibility. They just want to shift the blame, it's too bad people just can't see that.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. Mukwonago19

Mukwonago19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The problem with that statement, is that Milwaukee is fast becoming another city like Chicago. Murder rates are going through the roof, car jacking seems to be the favorite thing for the 14-15 year old kids, and when they drive by the police in a known stolen car, they just laugh, because they know that the police cannot chase them, and the mayor's number one priority? A street car project that is not needed (another liberal visionary at his finest).

6. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I think the stupid one is the one looking for hunting topics in the non-hunting forum.

And thank you for providing some fantastic insight on how to deal with Chiraq.

You're right, I dont live in Chiraq... Nor do I need to enter my engulfed home to see if it's on fire. If I can see the flames, smell the smoke and the fire truck is there... I'm gonna call it a fire. But you're welcome to go search for a cold beer in there.

The best thing about forums is that if you wait long enough you'll see what happens when you cross a mental giant with a keyboard cowboy. Thank you for showing us!

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's a about family,poverty and education.

They are raised with no family or families that do not value education. Therefore they have no education, which leads them to the streets, because they can not make any money, because they have no education. Which leads them to have kids of their own, because they have sex, don't understand with birth control is and start the cycle all over again. We support this cycle, it's awesome!!!

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bet you are a real hit at parties.

A legend in your own mirror.

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry....you must have not noticed you are in the "Water Cooler" section. I'd attempt to help you out.....but I'm of little significance so I won't bother trying.

10. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Well, your kind of family, so you are a little significant. Enjoy your bubble.

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think Stringpullers point was as a bunch of white guys we have no idea the cultural issues that contribute to the dilemma, we can all speculate how it needs to be fixed but we are in no position to completely understand the problems.

13. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a white guy. :D

14. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The color of one's skin shouldn't have anything to do with it.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No offense meant to you mam.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well walk a mile then. Not defending the position just pointing out a possibility.

17. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go Cubs!!!.....wait I mean Cards! Cubs suck!!'

18. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I think that, to the degree we are financing it, we owe it to ourselves to have some idea as to the cultural issues. Its not really all that difficult to understand the problem. So, If you are reading him correctly, he is more clueless than I originally thought.

I think he was just comparing weenies. Or, is butthurt that Liberal run cities like Chicago and Detroit prove to be a complete and total disaster thanks to generations of ignoring failed liberal policies while continuing to implement more like policies based on the same faulty principles.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh don't get me wrong I don't get it either there is more and more I just don't have the gumption to give a crap about issues in other cities much less the one 50 miles away. Those are city problems, I guess we have a different culture out in the sticks.

20. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That was my point exactly. There are enough problems there for any state to deal with. We don't want more. Not sure where you are from but I guess you don't get the "rivalry" between WI and IL.

I have friends in the Chicago area and they can't wait to get out and move "up north".

Chicago is not a bad city-there are just bad parts of Chicago just like Milwaukee. There are many cultural experiences in a large city that us small town people do miss out on experiencing. We just prefer not to experience the down side as well.