When is the best time to hunt over apples ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BuckEyeJay, Oct 9, 2016.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I scouted a new piece of public land and found a great spot with 2 big Apple trees. The spot is loaded with apples all in the trees and all over the ground when is the best time to hunt over apples I've hunted the spot a couple times and only seen raccoons and opossums coming in and 3 yotes which one I shot but haven't seen a deer yet there's a bean and corn field that's cut already about 200 yards across the property line is that or will that effect them coming to the apples ?

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They will come to those apples at some point. Are there droppings around the apples? If not, maybe they are preoccupied with the beans and corn, but they will come to those apples.

3. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Right now

4. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not many droppings yet there are some nice trails going to the trees 3 of them and some ok tracks not a bunch yet. I'm going to be out weds to sun as long as the wind is right I'll hunt it . When would be the best time so far I've been sitting all day but would morning or evening be better I shot the yote at 510pm from that spot.

5. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How close are the deer bedding to the apples? That should dictate morning or afternoon hunts. If the deer are bedding close by, I would go in by 1:00 PM and sit tight. The cut corn seems to be keeping the deer occupied for now but with the pre rut ramping up, the deer will eventually come.The does are starting to get harassed by the little guys now and will start looking for other food sources to get away.

6. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My deer come to apples when the snow flys, until then they hit other food sources.