Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Whats your thoughts

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by tacklebox, Jan 22, 2013.

1. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So two of my bucks have both shed one side, everyone else is still packing a full set. I'm goin crazy wanting to find the backyard bucks first drop but it appears to be in his bedding area. I have done a pretty good search on his other hangouts and haven't turned it up. I'm not wanting to enter the bedding area for obvious reasons during the day. So what do you do? Go on in and look? Wait till they all drop it all and go look? Stay out all together? I'm even considering walkin it at night with a spotlight. So as I said.... What would you do??

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wait until they all drop before going in. But then again I suck at shed hunting :sad:

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you have no competition... stay out of the bedding areas until you know they have dropped. I would think by now both bucks have dropped the other side since it has been a few days. Check your cams !!

Good luck !!

Tim

4. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    See my thread under trail cams.. LOL all my bucks are still packin at least one side. As of 0330 today. 115 pics last night of all my good bucks. I have an inventory. LOL:deer:

5. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Will do. Last year I ran a couple cameras and they worked great for seeing when the bucks started dropping. This last month has been too cold to run cameras. I will walk my normal check spots far from bedding areas to see when it is time to get serious.

Tim

6. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you can wait I would, not worth the risk to run him off with the other side.

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It depends on how your deer are in that area. I have a spot that I am hitting already but the deer stay there all the time. It is large enough that the deer just run in circles on the property. If that is the case with you hit it now. Deer will always come back but not sure when. That is the question that you need to answer. My spot the come to very often even when going off property.

8. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not really worried about them leaving so much because they won't stray far, however I'd really prefer not mess up their pattern at all at the moment . I could set a watch by these deer right now and really don't want to change that until they have all dropped.

9. Goin4-200

Goin4-200 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Let them all drop and go in and find an arm full! I wait till 2nd week of March and that has worked good for me! I think it could be diff depending on spot and location. If you have a south facing hillside that gets sun most all day good place to start IMO. Good luck

10. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what I would have said lol

11. Thunderbolt52

Thunderbolt52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bump em......and then get out...their be back..I did it last week...I found three sheds and the deer were back st 4:00