What's your favorite food plot?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jmbuckhunter, Jul 31, 2008.

1. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Around home the deer seem to love chickory. They strip my plot behind the house in no time.

My neighbor at the new property had some turnips that the deer really tore up last winter. I will have some of them at my place. I plan on having a smorgasboard for them this year. Clover, chickory, turnips, rape, and some wheat. Gonna find out what they like.

What works for you?

2. AF HUNTER RET

AF HUNTER RET Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Turnips get hit after the first hard frost. Clover is a cold weather food. Chickory is a good hot weather food. I mixed all three in a plot and see what happens. So far, they hit it late at night. If it goes well this year, I'll be putting in another plot on the South side of the property next year.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer to have seperate strips of different things in my plots to try and have something they can eat year round. If I had to pick only one though and work/money/time was of no concern I would pick MO Biologic Maximum.

4. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    down south the bean fields are da bomb... of course turnips later in the year... some guys plant spinach as well, but i've never tried it...

5. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't have the opportunity to get any beans planted this year. I WILL NEXT YEAR THO. Nothing like watching the bucks pile into the bean fields in the summer. I saw a nice tall wide eight point come out in a bean field 1/4 mile down the road from my place a couple weeks ago.

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I may be able to plant something on that 10 acre parcel I just mentione in my previous post. what do you suggest i plant if I do? the land owner say the deer bed down where she puts her horse manure.