Whats left in the woods

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 2Pointer, Jan 3, 2010.

1. 2Pointer

2Pointer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out today to do some post season scouting and i found a lot less deer sign then

I wanted, but i did find a lot of past hunter sign. I found trail marking tape of all color

shades, scent bombs, scent leafs (the plastic ones), scent wicks, empty bottles and a

full soda bottle, plastic product packaging and a frozen fawn that someone shot ...

and they had a good shot on it as well... it wasn't very far in from one of the agri

fields, and in the open. If i had to assume i would assume they didn't look very hard

for the animal and they weren't looking for it today... so ill assume. What do you all

think? Should you do your best to clean up your trail/blood marking tape? ( i use clip

on reflective strips and pick up on the way in/out) How many people really leave there

scent related products out for more than the day/hours their hunting? I'm a big

believer in not letting others know that i have been in the woods ( it maybe a little

paranoia of someone taking my hunting locations). I was very amazed at what i

found today and would love your thoughts.

2. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am fortunte to deer hunt mostly private ground, but 99% of my turkey hunting is on public land. The amount of ground I cover shows me what guys actually leave in the woods, and it is simply amazing. Not just the crap we as hunters buy to try to tip the odds, but the actual amount of garbage we actually leave in the woods without a care. So much for leave it like you found it with alot of us.

3. fatsbucknut

fatsbucknut Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i remove pretty much everything i find when i'm in the woods. Its all litter

4. lilweightlifter

lilweightlifter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely! Don't be paranoid! I always try to leave the woods as it was when I entered it. :)

5. Arkansas Bowhunter

Arkansas Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Antoine river Bottoms, Clark County, Arkansas
    I don't leave anything, don't want anyone to know where I was hunting.