What's a good turkey decoy.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by wildernessninja, Jan 14, 2017.

1. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And FWIW I have never had any issues getting bullheads to shoot well. Of course my bow is always tuned but at any rate never an issue. I don't even adjust my sight. The full length Victory shafts are a bit heavier and I find at 20yds they shoot a few inches low is all. Your shots won't be any further than that anyway. Aim for the top of the head and watch em roll :)

2. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like Houndstooth diaphragms, but just about any make will do. Some do run easier and sound better than others. Usually carry 2 diaphragms, 1 slate over glass, and a gobble box. If I can't work him with that, I move on.

3. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Magnus Youtube ... MagnusBroadheads - YouTube
    Look up the "Set Up For Success" series on there. Various shooting demo videos as well as hunts also.

My Youtube channel as a bunch of Bullhead kills as well ... NewDayOutdoors - YouTube

If you follow the Set Up For Success series then that eliminates 98% or more of the issues that most guys have. Arrow spine and fletching are KEY. Bow tune is also very important. Nail those items and you will have no issues.

The head/neck (when upright) is a larger kill zone than the body vitals. It is also the most clearly defined aiming point on a turkey at all times ... except when he is fully fanned out and his head is hidden by the fan. When we learn to bow hunt we are taught to "pick the spot". With the head/neck, the "spot" is never in doubt. Honestly, it is the easiest shot in all of bow hunting to make if you let a bird settle down and you are patient. I can say that the couple shots that I have ever missed were simply because I rushed my shot, not because the shot was too difficult to make. It is honestly a very easy shot to make time after time.

If you ever have any questions ... just ask.

4. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. bluecollarhunter

bluecollarhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Zink no question

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk