What Xbow and gear are you using.

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by LIVIT, Oct 2, 2020.

1. LIVIT

LIVIT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Noticed that there is not too many new Xbow threads. Time to change that.

What Crossbow are you shooting. What changes have you made and were they beneficial or just a waste of money.

What scope, bolts, broadheads and any other xbow related gear.

I have been into Archery since 1968, have been a bow/gun pro since the latter 70's. Due to injuries from Military, I had to go too a Xbow 5 yrs ago. I love mine !

I have Center Point/CP (Crossman) Sniper 370. Only paid $240 for it. Included scope and bolts were not up to my standards. Put a Nikon XR Bolt Xbow scope on mine and love it. Easton 22" Bloodline bolts, shoot perfect for me. 100gr Rage BH's, love them. I did upgrade my string and added limb saver silencers. The new string upped my FPS from 356 to 368. The limb savers made a big difference too. The Sniper is designed on an AR style frame with an adjustable stock. So I added a Magpul adjustable cheek rest stock. All total, I still have less than $500 invested. I have shot numerous deer and pigs. A couple of Yotes out too 75yds. It's extremely accurate out too 75yds, only shoot one bolt at each dot, dont wanna robin hood them. I'm sure I can shoot further, but used last scope dot for 75yds. Mine shoots deer kill zone +- 3" from 0-4o yds on first xhair.

PANJHunter likes this.
  2. PANJHunter

PANJHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a Horton Havoc 150 with the stock scope. Shooting 20" Easton bolts with 100g Muzzy fixed blade broadheads. My kill zone is within 25 yards, not that I dont feel comfortable shooting up to 40 but I'd rather increase my chances of a clean hit and kill. The last thing I want to do is injure or gut shot my target.

LIVIT likes this.
  3. LIVIT

LIVIT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I limit my range in woods for deer/pigs too 40 yds and 50 yds in field. My xbow might be fast and accurate, but not fast enough that a deer cannot duck the arrow etc...I hear ya do not like cleaning a gut shot animal and for sure don't want to just injure one. I'm also not into tracking an injured pissed off hog !

4. SRS90

SRS90 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Theyre all good, but the brand that will simply outlast everything else is excalibur. I shoot a matrix 380.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums