What would you do?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Buck Magnet, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Okay guys, I have two Moultrie I40's here right now that both worked for about a whole week before the display screen died so they are going back to Cabelas. I got two Cabelas gifcards for x-mas as well so I plan on taking a trip next week and getting a new game camera.

My dilema.... I have it narrowed down to two cameras, Cuddeback Capture or Reconyx RC60. I know that I really like the reviews and specs of the Reconyx and I havn't heard a bad thing about them, but, I have also heard alot of good reviews on the Captures and I could get 3 Captures for the price of one RC60. My cameras won't be the only cameras on our properties as I have two other buddies that have 2 units each so its not as important to have multiple units.

Which would you choose, 3 Captures or 1 RC-60?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I think it depends on what you're looking for in a camera - IR or standard flash. If you want standard flash and want to cover a lot of areas, the Capture would work great. If you want guaranteed performance and IR flash, get the Reconyx. My old suggestion would be to get the RC55 over the RC60. It's not "no glow" like the RC60, but the IR "glow" from the RC55 is barely noticable and you get a much longer flash range out of it. The RC60 only gives you about 25', which isn't much.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong. I have 3 Captures (two standard, one IR) and they work great for me. However, my next camera will be an RC55.

3. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin, I am leaning towards the Reconyx. I was thinking about the RC55 but from what I have read the RC60 has a bettery battery life and they came out with a new HO series (High Output) that dramatically increases the flash range. I believe they have it for the RC55 too. I might head to Cabelas tomorrow, it not, next weekend, I guess I will just go with it and see what I feel like when I am standing there. I might just pick up a Reconyx now and get a Capture in the spring.