What was your strangest kill shot

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by oldnotdead, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really don’t have any strange ones of my own worth mentioning but the oddest one I’ve ever seen was a shotgun kill. The hunter, who isn’t much of a hunter, (he gets invited for entertainment value) lol, shoots this really nice buck. It had blood dripping from the base of one of the antlers but we couldn’t find an actual entry or exit hole. We finally gave up trying to figure it out, after all it was hanging from the meat pole and that’s all that mattered right? We buried the head for euro mount. Well when we dug up the head a few months later we could finally see what happened. He must have clear missed with the slug but the wad was protruding about a 1/4-1/2 inch out of the skull. The thick fur on the brow had hidden it. The wadding actually penetrated the skull and lodged in the deers brain killing it. I’ll have to take a pic of it next time I’m down there.

early in and dnoodles like this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    had to have been within 15 yards, right? crazy.

Shocker99 likes this.
  3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m pretty sure. Which is why he probably flat out missed. He had a scope on his gun and the old guy can barely see anyway.