What type of release?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by derik, Jul 25, 2017.

1. eye1

eye1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up a Scott samori. It's a wrist strap. I really like it. The best release so far

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had shot a index finger release for several years. Personally, I cannot stand wrist releases. I shot the Scott caliper release for the longest time. 2 years ago I switched to a thumb release. The Carter Insatiable 2+. I wish I would've switched years ago, after shooting with it. Click it on the string and wait for the shot. It's not hanging on my wrist catching on or banging in to everything I reach for.
    The only adjustment I needed to learn, or train myself, on was to keep my thumb away as I drew back. My anchor point is the same and I feel more comfortable shooting this release.

3. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same Customer service experience. They even included a hat when they sent back my new release.

4. West_Bay_Wader

West_Bay_Wader Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just switched from a truball wrist strap to a Carter Chocolate addiction. Felt I could shoot better, help with intermittent flinching etc.... first time you draw it back with your thumb in the wrong place and the embarrassment on the range quickly makes you remember to keep the thumb away. Love the release. Smooth shooting. I have picked it up quickly and have improved my shooting. Very satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I switched the a Truball Fang 3 thumb release this year. I've always shot a wrist release in the past. I self film and have always had trouble with banging my wrist release on the camera arm or tree stand, so I decided to give the thumb release a try. I haven't used it in a hunting situation yet, but it hasn't taken long for the thumb release to grow on me. I'm shooting more this summer than in the past so I can build that muscle memory with the new setup. As long as I stay consistent with my form and technique, I feel like I'm more accurate with this setup.

6. matdrenalin

matdrenalin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Scott Silverhorn wrist and hook style release. Really like the hook for a smooth release.

7. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up a used Hot Shot Vapor three finger thumb release from the AT classifieds. I had been using a Scott Little Goose. I've used it a few times now and it didn't take long to get used to. I like that I can just clip it on my d loop and it's ready to go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

8. Donkey Deerz

Donkey Deerz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest trueball hunter for your price range. To me they have just as smooth of a release as some with twice the price tag. I have shot a pro diamond for years and just got a boss x and it is sweet! You can get them for about $150 of Amazon. I have been shooting a 4 finger for about 10 years now(knock on wood) have never lost one out of the stand but I always carry a backup in my backpack just in case

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

10. DubleTap556

DubleTap556 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any experience with the spot Hogg Keeton release? Had a scapula tear last year which lead me to go down in #

67wademb likes this.
  11. Guns and guitars

Guns and guitars Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a Carter evolution for 3d and general target shooting on my land. I ended up in a archery shop and wanted to grab a back up release for my pack and got a Scott Talon.
    Ive completely fallen in love with it. Ive been using it all season.

12. BowHood

BowHood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a trufire Bulldog. Shooting it tomorrow.

13. Josh Brandon

Josh Brandon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome release! that’s what I use and I love it. Works great with my mathews halon 32.

14. Matt7705

Matt7705 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting the Scott silver horn since it came out it’s a good release. Than I bought the Scott mongoose xt that was good too. But than I the crazy idea I needed thumb release so I bought a trufire and I shot just plan bad with it for like a year so I went back to my trigger and I am shooting good again. But I just bought a Scott echo and that is the best release I have ever had it’s not super expensive either I payed 119.00 for it. I like Scott because they last forever my 10 year old silver horn still works awesome and I broke the spring in my xt and Scott fixed no questions asked

15. rfagar

rfagar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Use a Scott Silverhorn for wrist release and Stan SX3 for thumb button. Stan releases are the smoothest and crisp releases I have tried.

16. gunfighter48

gunfighter48 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I like wrist strap releases with finger triggers. I have a Trufire Hardcore Buckleback Max single pin release. I also have a Trufire Edge Buckleback caliper release. I like both releases very much. But I find I'm slightly more accurate with the single pin release. It's not a great amount but my shot groups with the single pin are four arrows touching at 20 yards. With the caliper release my four shot groups are about 3 in in diameter. Real life in the woods hunting there probably wouldn't be much difference. I really like the Trufire products.