What to do with old Cams?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by jody 5050, May 1, 2022.

1. jody 5050

jody 5050 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What to do with them?? Is there anyone that can repair/refurbish trail cams? Just hate to see them go to the junk pile, if all it needs is a minor repair, or replacement part... Any suggestions/advice?

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with that because things change so much and companies do not keep past parts in stock. That said, there is a great use for them if they are the mini ones ,get out some good pics of cellular cams. Then fashion faux antennas and either scew or glue these to the old camera. Then place said camera high tilting down. Do this close to where you think people are entering illegally. You could even make a fake solar panel for them a roll of Windows tint works good for this.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with OND, about the best use for old cams is as a "dummy" cam to help deter trespassers.
    You can use it as she suggests, or, for theives, set the old up to look like it is the main cam and then have a good one up high in a tree angled down. Many people catch good pics of thieves with this kind of setup. The thief steals or messes with the old cam and the good one gets pics of them.

4. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve definitely used them as decoys and/or deterrents. I’m weird, but I get some enjoyment out them getting stollen and I think of the person going through all that trouble, getting it home only to figure out it’s junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Decoys FO sure!