Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

What is Your Favorite Full Sneak Form?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know we have some guys that have a ton of taxidermy and well educated preferences for certain forms. Based on what he was doing when I shot him, and based on his spread and mass I'd like to use a full sneak form on my latest buck.

I really like the McKenzie Joe Meder Offset full sneak form, but dukemichaels mentioned on a previous thread that the noses on Meder's forms end up looking cow like and aren't anatomically correct.

I'd really like a form that is offset so it shows his size a bit better. Anyone have suggestions or pics to share?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also like the Ben Mears with an offset, seen a couple and they were nicely done, the noses looked fine not cow like at all, I think the taxidermist has a lot of influence on that as well as the form.
    I was planing on mounting one of my 2012's bucks as full sneak on a Ben Mears offset full sneak ...however when I showed my taxidermist the location were I was putting the mount he suggested an
    Dennis Behn 6900 semi sneak with an off set instead. It came out nice.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415675179.369017.jpg

Another form I like a lot IF and its a Big IF you have the rack for it is a joe Meder full sneak, this form looks great IF you have rack that doesn't have a weak side on it. if one side is stronger then the other it looks lopsided.

Hope this helps and congrats on your buck.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't really help you on the Full Sneak, but I also love the McKinzie 6900 Semi-Sneak. I have my 148 5/8" mounted with it and it looks awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't remember the mount form name for the life of me but I love it.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    look into the wall pedestal mounts. I love them. My dad used to be a taxidermist and that was my favorite he did. I am not sure which ones he used, I think it was McKenzie but I'm not positive. It just gives it a different look

6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have one of my bucks mounted with a full sneak form (don't remember the brand). I also try to mount them as I last saw them. Just beware that the full sneak sticks out from the wall the furthest of any mount. Make sure you have a spot on your wall to accommodate such a form.

7. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking my next mount (wishful thinking) will be a full sneak if it's the right buck for it, much like yours. Have 2 semi sneaks and really like them.

Post pics when you get him back!