What is the best part of bowhuntjng for you?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RayJ, Nov 18, 2013.

1. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Even though its only my second year bow hunting, I have found that the feeling I get when I see any deer come in to view is a rush! I have really enjoyed how much there is to learn about bow hunting as well. It's never ending. I also love that my 3 year old is already asking to go bow hunting with daddy!

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The planning and then the big dreams I dream.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me, I'd have to say it's the encounters. I love having wild animals within very close range, and them not having any idea I'm there. Watching them in their natural environment and studying their behaviors.

Oh, and seeing and hearing a grunting buck coming in hard after I just grunted at him. That is just plain bad azz!!!!!!

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, and as mentioned watching everything wake up.

5. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just like being out and seeing deer. I've seen several deer in shooting range this year but none of them was what I was looking for. Those days are a success for me.

6. dubnicka6

dubnicka6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So much to like about it I'm not sure I have a favorite part, but if I had to pick one I would say sharing all of these awesome experiences with my dad and younger brother. I've only been hunting for a few years now and the only buck I've gotten was a forker my first year, but just last week i was out hunting with my dad and brother and my 13 year old brother in his first year hunting shot a beautiful 10 pointer. Sharing this moment with him and my dad was just as good as shooting one myself. Seeing his face and expressions were priceless. Something I will never forget!!!

7. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Best Part about Bow Hunting

This...and a bit of all the above.

8. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I gotta agree with ya there!!! it's like the split second of "OMG THERE HE IS" is the 2nd high i get. First high is right after i take the shot, but i also like the feeling when i see the buck....oh man to many things!!!

9. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All you guys have covered just about everything for me. I'd have to say my favorite part(s) about hunting are preparing a set up with the right wind and location and have the strategy work as planned, and trying to control my uncontrollable shaking after shooting a deer, buck or doe. I love almost every aspect of hunting, even the lowest of lows are better than not hunting at all

10. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me , it has drastically changed over the years. Now it is much less about me and more about this.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

11. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    From the moment I spot the shooter buck from my stand till the moment right after I connect with that fatal shot. Better than any drug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

12. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First sight of target, the wait till the shot, the sound of a good hit, then the sit down and take it all in, head against tree looking at the sky for a few mins (depending on shot placement). The the track and recovery.
    I watched a fox hunt and kill a squirrel this past weekend. That was cool to see. Had some hawks fly close to me and land in a tree. Nature is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The sound/sight of deer approaching and having them in bow range and them not knowing you exist. That's been the same rush as day one of my hunting career. Doesn't matter if it's something I intend to shoot or not either. Just having them up close is really cool!