What is the best deer attractant for deer with a larg food supply.

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by DOC, Jul 9, 2012.

1. DOC

DOC Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been hunting in Missouri for the past 2 years now, the farm I hunt has large corn, soy bean and grass fields. What would be the best deer attractant to use for this type of location. Salt?

2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just water this year. All you'll need guaranteed. Try to find Acorn’s, because once they start dropping the deer will light up the woods for those tasty treats. I've seen 1st hand what that Acorn Rage syrup will do to a stump after several weeks. Good stuff.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Monster Raxx is great!

4. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yup - minerals and water...try some grape koolaid w/sugar(not artificial sweetener) over your minerals - see what happens(put a cam on there and give it a couple days)

5. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Grape Koolaid pulled them right in for me last year. Right into table salt. The table salt didn't keep them coming back though. I may just go give my minerals a dusting with it this week. I haven't been out to check them in over a month. May be about time anyways!!

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I used my backyard lab this evening to try a few options. In the backyard was a garden, bird seed mix, corn, water, mineral block with Salt, Peanut Butter and Vanilla. The surrounding land is oak and hickory, cedar, berries. No standing corn, no soy beans for 1mile. 6 does already this evening. 2 or 3 hit the minerals, ALL hoovered up the corn and most hit the water. 1 eventually found and lapped the peanut butter (oops make that 2, real time update). All the does ignored the vanilla, birdseed, veg gardens, fruit (apple & peach) trees and my berry bushes.

Ranking the options here this evening, Corn, water and PB were this evenings top 3. I'll be long asleep before the bucks get here and I don't have game cams out back.

I'll try some others like gatorade, grape koolaid, cottonseed and a few others if folks are interested...