What do YOU want to see on BHOD?

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Dubbya, Mar 24, 2015.

1. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    yes! those are the hats I was speaking of

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    One of my fav hats, it's getting pretty wore out, will hate when it's gone

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Great suggestions guys - keep them coming. We're definitely working towards getting some more "behind the scenes" looks at the bucks that are killed on the show - with maps from those who are willing to share them.

As for those beanie hats, unfortunately they may be gone forever. I'll see if we can scrounge a few up as people do seem to like them...

4. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    well I love them and want one!

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree! But then I don't have to answer to Todd and Justin's wives. They may find more time available to hunt though.

6. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to hear what the bucks gross score. I'm just trying to get better at scoring them. When I watch the show I always try to score each buck. It'd be nice to know how close I come.
    Thanks

7. Noblacksheep

Noblacksheep Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to see Justin kill a deer... lol.

Just kidding.

I love seeing when guys kill some huge bucks, but I also like seeing when they kill for meat and are okay with killing a mature doe.

I'd like to see one of them filming how their prep, their walk to their stand, and what their ritual is before they sit down. Everyone talks about scent control, using the wind to their advantage etc. It'd be nice to see on film. Other than that, I love seeing good guys killing some deers. It's motivating.

8. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd buy one. Surprised you guys don't offer a camo winter hat. There's $$$$$ to be made!!!

9. Johnny Miller

Johnny Miller BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking the same thing Scoud, about as you watch a show and after a buck is shot and they are all saying how sweet the 140" buck is that they shot is. How nice it would be if there was a quick taping the antler section with scoring up for all to see and what the actual true measure is. If I kill, wait, when I kill this year I will do that with my buck for you guys. And Blacksheep, agree with yours as well, everyone has there 'routine' pre hunt and its interesting to me for many reasons. To build the hunting story obviously but also to show what kind of a hunter you are and how extreme you may go to kill a deer. I have a pretty stringent routine myself(scent free wise and set up in the stand wise mostly). I'll try to put together a filmed piece of my timeline before a hunt actually takes place and what goes into it from wake up in the morning to first light. Lot more involved than most people think for some of us I'm betting. Good luck out there everybody! Only 2 weeks away here in WI

10. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking if not on the show itself what about on your web page? Maybe have the best pic of the buck before he's shot then another with the hunter. They seem to look different to me when the hunter gets in the pic.
    Thanks again

11. Stephen09

Stephen09 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Guys I'm new to the forum. Im a PA hunter and have been for 20 years but I'm brand new to Archery. This will be my first full campaign. I recently found BHOD and I'm addicted. I personally would like to see more tactics and do it yourself segments. Also Im a public land guy. So I'm all about seeing more public land hunts. I know the show has made an effort to show more of them and thats great. But i think it would be fun to see Todd and Justin go on a public land hunt. See the guys a little outside the old comfort zone.

12. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forums Stephen!!

13. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I watch 3 different web shows (Midwest Whitetail, Growing Deer.TV and BHOD) Each one is very different and I love all 3. There are certain things about each one that make them special...The viewer clip of the month or something like that would be pretty neat though!

14. macman414

macman414 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to see an episode regarding the thought and preparation that goes in after you harvest a shooter buck. Considering it's something you want to hang on the wall. Especially as it concerns an out of state hunter, if you flew instead of drove somewhere. The realities of finding a taxidermist, butcher, and picking a shipping method to send meat home with you. Things I never thought about before taking my first out of state bow hunt and actually successfully harvesting a wall hanger!

15. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    All good stuff and things that are often overlooked. Unfortunately, a good bit of that stuff is hard to film in a way that is entertaining to the viewer. I do agree, it would be good information.

16. ruteger

ruteger Guest

Todd's trophy doe with a montage before the hunt of how many times he's said "trophy doe" over the past how ever many episodes since he started saying it

17. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've read the previous 7 pages but it's been a while, forgive me if this was covered.

The next time a team member gets a new bow, I wouldn't mind seeing all of the steps and processes to getting it tuned. Plus their process to make BHs hit the same as FTs. All the doo-dads they add to the bow, etc. I find things like that interesting, hopefully I'm not the only one. LOL!

I'm sure it would be a sponsor's dream.

18. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When will we see our first female pro staff on BHOD?

19. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    In a couple of weeks ;)
    [​IMG]

20. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to see maybe some of the products and set ups that you use on your bows. Maybe one of the shows early in the spring you can go over your bow and what you put on them and why you chose that product over the other things that were considered. You have the advantage of upgrading your equipment a lot more than most so you would have the information on the latest products. I know that you do product reviews and ATA shows but I was thinking something more personal to your setups like the rest of the people on here go threw when they upgrade.