What do you want to see for 09' bows?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see none of what Quick wants:deer:

Greg/MO I have your bow already:hail: I have 0 cam lean and specs that match your alley. Come to the darkside, LOL

2. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep your 100% right Rick. I apologize man. The guys that are on this forum know there stuff, if something needed to be added you guys would know because of your knowledge. On the other hand It just seems with some people outside of this forum that its just never good enough. Again sorry RJ, didn't mean nothing towards you or the guys on here.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Germ - Did they use a dremel tool again to machine the 09' cams? :d :evil:

4. Washington Hunter

Washington Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Diamond is not the Reflex or Mission of Bowtech. Diamond is Bowtech's single cam line. Depending on what you want out of your bow you'll choose either a single or binary cam, narrowing your choice to one of the two lines. Someone wanting a smooth draw but is willing to lose a bit of speed will go with a Diamond and will pay the price for their flagship bow (Marquis) and someone looking for speed and who is willing to give up some of the smoothness will go with a Binary bow. That being said, Sportsman's Warehouse is a chain store. We've sold more Marquis than any other bow this year. In fact, we've had a hard time keeping them on the shelf. We've had to reorder twice after selling out in such a short time that our replenishment system didn't catch up quick enough. The customers have been paying the $699 with no questions.

I still don't understand why they would charge less for a bow that is intended to be a high end product...?

5. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Germ,

Kevin's a fine bow maker... but Craig blew away him away in the innovation department when he brought the binary cam to BowTech and later developed the center pivot design. I think I'll stay where I'm at and keep seeing what Craig comes up with every year. ;)

And I must have missed that center-pivot design with everything all blacked out on your new sweetheart... :D

6. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Greg, ask Germ how that black bow shot up against Scott's 101 and my 82nd? :deer: :d winky winky j/k/k

7. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand why a high end product would be in a mass retailer. Maybe the flagship of Diamond should be sold by a pro shop instead of at places like Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain etc. IMO high end bows should be sitting in shops with high end archery techs.

8. Washington Hunter

Washington Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    rofl

Very nice. Whether intentional or not, talk about an insult.

Smooth.

9. huntingson

huntingson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is exactly what I want: I want a bow with the same reduced recoil and draw cycle of the current models that will send a 386 grain arrow 310fps from a 27.5" draw length set at 65-70 pounds. I don't think that is too much to ask:confused: but then I don't know much about bows either.

10. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here is what I would be looking for, It would have to shoot as good as my 101st airborne I have now, It would have to look as good as 101st and have the the same great valley as my 101st Heck just tell me my 101st was made in 09 and I would be happy enough!!! Walt

11. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The bow I'd like to see is already out there. I just wish Elite would get their act together so they could run with the big dawgs.

12. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    how about the price coming down so that we can fit our kids with the same caliber of bow as we use. I'd love to have a second bow, but never will @ those prices. I don't see a need for something new, seeing as my Tribute has all that I need/want, other thatn maybe a tad bit quieter.

13. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If that happened....I guess I would be finding an extra grand to buy it and outfit it. That would be cool. I really like my 101....but in the word's of Rob, "I am a bow-a-holic":cool:

14. labhunter

labhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The Katara with ATA of 29" and that under 4lbs comment from earlier in the thread would be great. I shot it and almost bought it but I chose the DXT based on size and the quietness. It was probably the smoothest drawing bow I have pulled back. just too dam heavy!!!!

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I could not agree more, his designs blew away Elite's for sure:deer:

I have an 09 bow already, smoother and faster is always good:cool: