What do you want to see for 09' bows?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So what's on your wishlist for the 09' bows? What are you hoping to see for this year, and who do you hope comes out with it?

As of now, I'm not looking for too much in the hunting bow department. Between the primary bow I'll be using this year in the woods and my backup bow, I don't think I would want anything else. There is so much out there in the compact/hunting bow category I have a tough timg picturing anything truly "new" coming out this year.

For target bows, I'm hoping for a 39-43" bow with either a straight of deflex riser, 8+ inches of brace height, 315+ real world IBO speed, and a smooth/fast mod option. Basically a Constitution with a fast and smooth mod option. ;)

2. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like a bow that matches my Ally in all its specs (brace, a-to-a, weight, and speed) but in a center-pivot design with center-track binary cams. ;)

3. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to see BowTech come out with a 36" a.t.a. center pivot bow with beyond parrallel limbs, and the smooth draw curve of Old Glorys. Speed pushing 322-324 f.p.s., redo the short stop system and the BIG ONE......

BOWTECH... PLEASE MAKE A BOW WITH LAMINATED LIMBS!!!!!!

4. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    not sure, it's gonna be another 2-3 yrs before I give up my Ross 334 so I haven't really thought much about it... there's a lot of nice bows out there now that i'd be pretty happy to own, General, Black Ice, Dream Season, I'd still take a S/B XT over a DXT, would like to try a Firecat and a Katera... any of them would probably suit me just fine, but I'll also wait and see what the new Ross Cardiacs are like...

5. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    id like to see Hoyt push the envelope of their current bows...basically take the Katera, keep it around 33" ata, bump the IBO up to 340, trim a bit of weight out somewhere, offer a jet black that isnt glossy, and most importantly increase the BH to something atleast 7.5 inches.

hey, if a guy is dreaming, he is allowed to be picky, right?

6. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I want Hoyt to make a bow that weighs under 4lbs... that's all I want.

7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    lmao you sir are a genius.:hail: I love my Hoyt, but it is heavy. makes the new diamonds and other lighter bows feel like toys.

8. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is no rip on you guys that shoot compounds but what more do you need? Compounds have went farther into detail then I ever thought was possible. There deadly machines already!

9. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to see a HOYT with a 30" ATA and speeds around 330-340, they can keep the brace height at 6" if they want to for better speed. The weight isn't an issue to me but shaving a little off would please a lot of people that pass on HOYT would be a good option. I'd also like to see a flat shelf and not the curved thing they have on HOYT bows:bash:

I'd like to see bowtech make a 31" bow that shoots quicker than the General. I'd also like to see an STS from the factory on bows like the Guardian and Ally.

I'd like to see all the big guys make a better selection of price point bows for people that don't have 700-900 bucks for a bare bow. If someone made a solid 32-36" bow shooting 320fps with a STS on it for 450-600 bucks they would be money!

I'd also like to see Diamond drop their prices 50-100 bucks on their top end bows if they are gonna allow them in mass retailers.

10. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IDK...

-the draw cycle of a Marquis/Black Ice
    -center pivot design
    -smoothness and quietnest of the General
    -Speed and ATA of the Ally
    -Super solid wall as is already on bi-cams

Basically combine the best of the Marquis, General, and Alley. My perfect bow. Possible?

11. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Are the Hoyts still on the heavy side yet? I know years ago them suckers were heavy.

12. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, like a lb heavier than everything else that's comparable... That extra pound gets heavy in the rockies I tell ya.:cry:

13. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    You got that right!! A pound here or there around home is nothing. A pound added here or there in the mountains is a whole different story.

14. Washington Hunter

Washington Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For curiosity's sake, why?

We carry both Bowtech AND Diamond. Bowtech is clearly allowing both brands in a mass retail stores. Should they drop the price on Bowtech as well?

I understand supporting your local shops and all that good stuff, but in all honesty, the bows aren't where the money is really made. Marked up accessories are.

15. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I cant think of anything till the strings catch up to the bows. Oh yes I can! Quite putting bright colored logos and strings on bows they charge to have camo on.

16. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see Hoyt go back to an adjustable draw length. They shot themselves in the foot, IMO. These non adjustable DL's aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread, especially when it comes to resale. And for what? 3-5 fps?? Who gives a??? From a dealer standpoint, it's a PITA. Now, instead of ordering 1 bow for 3 people, we gotta order 3 bows for 3 people, just the way Hoyt designed it. I don't think that's working out so well for them this year, though. ;)

Otherwise, as far as a hunting bow in concerned, I'm not sure what else the industry could do. I'm quite certain, however, that they'll surprise me again this year. I mean, today's equipment is already FAR better than anyone of us is capable of shooting......Fast, smooth, quiet, accurate.....Don't know what to improve on there.

17. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some of the Diamond bows are not much cheaper than the Bowtech bows. When I was looking at both I kinda stopped considering the Diamond Marquis since I could get a Bowtech Ally for close to the same price or less if on sale at a local pro shop. In my eyes this could hurt Diamond since the pricing on their lines flagships are not really cheaper than Bowtechs. It would be nice to see Diamond sporting a drop of 100 bucks or so on their upper end bows in my eyes so the people that aren't able to spend a fortune can get a great bow but still have money for accessories.

18. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    My 1999 replaced with a 2009.

T

19. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Need and want are two different things Shultzy. You should know this. :d

20. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Personally - I'd like to see more of the major arrow manufacturers offer super-light, super-stiff hunting shafts for sale to the general public. Not necessarily because I want to have more options in hunting with a sub-5-gpp system (believe me, I do), but moreso because I think the UL shafts give hunters more latitude to build faster hunting setups, or maximize FOC by front-loading a UL shaft. This is particularly true for guys with short-draws and light draw weights.

As far as bows go, I'd just like to see more manufacturers offer warranty limits down to 4 gpp, which would force the hands of arrow manufacturers to offer an increased amount of lightweight options.

I've said it before - and I'll say it again: The future of high-speed archery is in the arrow, not the bow. We've been making bows that can IBO in the 340's for years. The technology is now here, on both sides, to make a bow/arrow system that can easily approach the 400 fps mark @ 70/30. It's just a matter of putting things together.