Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

What Do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Yes, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I believe you're preaching to a deaf congregation. As I said, some people just don't get it. :D

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha its all good, brand loyalty (with anything) makes people love and hate products for no reason other than the name. I could probably think of two or three things off top of my head that would start a crap storm on here of started a thread saying they were the best thing since sliced bread. It happens

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh come on now !! Like that would ever happen with a Ford salesman. A Chevy salesman I could see it cause chevys suck. Lets get real. :busted: :p

I could see why Mathews pulled out and wouldn't blame them with the slam. The guy was looking for a little fame by being in the mag. He was looking for a bit more going the poor me route. Trust me... just like Mathews... the guy makes his living by selling bows. It is all about advertising to make a buck... just different ways of doing it.

Tim

4. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Except they didn't say "Ford sucks" (re: Mathews sucks).

The owner of the shop gave a 100% true answer and Mathews dropped them because of this.
    It's one thing to drop a contract because one party was making malicious claims, but Hinton's statement rings true and it just makes Mathews out to being big babies.

5. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since apparently nobody can read the article past where the bows themselves ranked. Here's a little help, this is a direct quote: We probably shot the Creed more than any bow, disbelieving how poorly it stacked up against even the newcomers. “If you’re going to shoot a bow this slow, buy the Elite,” Hinton finally said.

This is where all the comparisons about Ford and Chevy are coming from. Again no company is gonna stay with someone that's not supporting they're product or at least not telling someone to buy something different on a national level.

6. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How is it a true statement when
    1: they shot one creed and not multiples of each bow type.
    2: what would qualify them as being experts at what they do?
    3: I feel like the main reason they were dropped was the statement of
    "The Skinny
    We probably shot the Creed more than any bow, disbelieving how poorly it stacked up against even the newcomers. “If you’re going to shoot a bow this slow, buy the Elite,” Hinton finally said."
    last what other bows from this test did they actually carry in this shop since I know they carry bow tech and for some reason they seem to have gotten a great review from that shop.

7. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Im sorry I am just tired of people not being or holding themselves accountable for their actions or words these days.
    the shop I work at carries
    Mathews
    Mission
    Hoyt
    Prime
    Pse
    bear
    We only give people the options to try each of those lines and if they want to try any other we tell them which shops carry them.
    WE DO NOT bash any brand to try to get people to buy the bow we like best and it seems like that it what was done in this article

8. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1. So what? The Creed they shot came directly from Mathews and was specifically set up by Mathews for this review test.
    2. If you're going to make the claim that they aren't experts, it's you responsibility to back that claim up.

The review didn't say the Creed was a bad bow and I personally am not saying it's a bad bow. I have shot the Creed and think it's a good bow. The issue is that the bow market is highly competitive to the point that small, seemingly innocuous improvements make all the difference. The Creed is a good bow, but when its competitors are making great bows, the Creed just doesn't stack up. Remember, flagship models are compared against their peers and not against all bows from the past decade (hence why they compared the 2013 models and not 2013s against 2002, or whatever). That said, I shot the Creed and do think it is a good bow, but when stacked up against the other 2013 models available, it falls short, hence why I believe the review was fairly spot on. The bows Elite has been putting out are absolutely some of the smoothest bows I've ever drawn, and if Mathews wants to regain that title, they're going to need to get their act together instead of dropping dealers.

I noticed you're a Creed owner. Please note I'm leveling this criticism at the Creed and Mathews and not at your identity of being a Creed owner.

9. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that they have the right to compare and state facts but as quoted
    "Just buy the elite"
    Is my best guess as to why this has transpired. My second guess would be that maybe their sales were low for mathews and that broke the last straw.
    I'm just not sure why they would be complaining about getting dropped if they really didn't like mathews in the first place...

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

10. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think Hinton complained about Mathews dropping his dealership contract. He simply stated what happened.