Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

What Do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Yes, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    When you look at a consumer reports review, you're reading a summarization of hundreds of consumers opinions on a product - maybe even thousands. There's no way I'd make a purchase or not make a purchase based on the input of only four people with all of them being associated in some way with the business publishing the report. In my opinion that just not an intelligent way to shop for something.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree......

3. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech obviously paid the testers off..... Ill never buy a bowtech now. haha

4. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's shocked me how many mathews haters are out there bashing without reading the article. I just read it. Here is a quote from the owner of the archery shop about the creed. “If you’re going to shoot a bow this slow, buy the Elite,” Hinton finally said.. Really?!?!!!?
    That's pure idiocy. No wonder mathews dropped him. This was printed in a national publication. Would any of you guys want him being the sole distributer in the area of your product? Try using your brain

5. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok...i will agree with the consumer report comment
    Should any blame / ill feeling be put on Field and stream for conducting the test and publishing the test results of 4 testers.

I see it as a guy who probably thought it would be cool to do a test for a field and stream article. Maybe he got something out of it to .
    I hope he and the others were unbiased and truthful in their results
    As everyone says the intelligent way to shop for a bow is to shoot as many as you can and buy the one like the best.

6. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They had the money because they sell more bows ....:poke:
    just a little joke

7. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    That's actually a good question.

I don't know if he got anything out of it, but I guarantee you he lost something.

8. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I would. I actually did buy an Insanity last year. I won't go into that story on this thread, though. I thought it was a "sexy" bow. PT thought it was ugly. :lol:

It's too bad it couldn't be tuned. :sad:

9. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    haha I probably still would too. I loved the expierience.

10. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like something you'd say about a girl. "I loved the experience but I just didn't want to take her home with me."

11. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would say its just one of them things. Every test is goin to have different results. Jus like every hunting magazine says different bows or whatever are the best. Its hard to get a unbiased opinion on anything. I don't think its all on Mathews or they're the bad guy, who knows any company may of did same thing or they may not have. I highly doubt this test was the one and only reason they pulled their product from this shop. Probably rather the "last straw" as they say. I wouldn't go off of one group of people opinions, let alone four, on anything or call them experts because it got published in a magazine.

Both parties did what was best for buisness, the shop got their name into field and stream and Mathews pulled from someone who may not have supported their product anymore. One thing I can bet is nobody would be talking about it as much if Mathews wasn't the company that did this. Jus recently Cuddyback pulled all their products amd reviews from trailcam pro because of the bad reviews they were getting. I dont remember seeing any outrage from that anywhere.

12. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts exactly and well said. Someone at the shop did not think the opportunity through before committing to be part of the test. It's the type of decision at larger companies that get people fired. Why in the world would they think their name in an article "ranking" bows would be a good thing? It was going to cause a whole bunch of problems for them regardless of where a particular bow finished.

13. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Political!

People cant give an honest opinion anymore without losing business? BS

I like Mathews they shoot very smooth. I like a lot of bows have good and bad to say about all of them even the one I shoot for. But constructive criticism can help don't punish a retailer that sells your product cause guess what they won't promote your product anymore and creates more competition. That is business 101

14. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish they let me give my opinions of Athens bows :evilgrin:

15. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So, would it have been justifiable for every major bow company outside of Bowtech to drop Hinton's as a dealer then?

16. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe this was already mentioned but why is the date on the letter August when the issue doesn't come out till Sept.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

17. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
  18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The issues comes out early. I read it like 3 weeks ago.

19. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Not that the test really matters its what happened afterwards, but it goes to show all test are different and different outcomes. Still its anyones guess why on why the company pulled this dealer, its just a excuse for all the people that already didn't like Mathews to jump on them for sethimg else. Kinda the same it would be with amy other product that did same thing.

20. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah after reading the article is sounded more as if they were choosing there personal favorite compared to any real hard data. The only hard data was speed and noise. It doesn't help the bow shops side when the owner flat out said buy another bow. I think that this could have been handled better by both sides. Matthew's should have brought him in to figure out what he liked more about the other bow. Also after what he said I am not sure he should have expected anything else.