Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

What Do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Yes, Aug 21, 2013.

1. R4ce

R4ce Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is more of Mathews strong hand technique, they long ago forgot where they came from. The thing is they don't make the best bow in the industry any more, actually more middle of the pack. But they have such big heads and over inflated egos, that they'll do what they want and damn everybody else.

2. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Actually they're extremely successful and sell plenty of bows, hence why Field & Stream paid them a visit over every other bow shop in the country.

3. Razorback_bowhunter

Razorback_bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a Mathews guy in any way, but criticizing a business judgment and thereafter saying they are "throwing a small shop to the lions" is uncalled for. But, then again, that's my opinion. Criticizing someone for representing their Christian values is something I wholeheartedly don't agree with. I think it was a business judgment that Mathews made, not an overt and calloused backstabbing or betrayal. My thoughts at least.

4. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it was a sound business decision. Of all the potential buyers that walk into Hinton's store, most will be aware of how Hinton feels about the Mathews bow. If a fella asks which bow he would buy with 1000 - 1500 dollars, you can bet Hinton is not going to say Mathews.

5. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please don't tell any of the deer on my farms that the bow I am using is a piece of crap that likely wont kill them.

It probably was not a great business decision for the shop. Why put yourself in that situation to begin with? No matter what the outcome of the testing was, someone was going to end up getting hurt on that deal. It was a no win. The bow shop should never have tied their name to the testing.

6. R4ce

R4ce Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So for those of you siding with Mathews on this. What if they had found Mathews to come out ahead of Bowtech? Would you be expecting Bowtech to do the same thing? Would you be as supportive?

7. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guess ill be getting rid of my creed since it was at the bottom of the pack.....Only not really. I like the "waffle iron" look have since they came out and really dont care for hoyts tubular look but thats my opinion. No one knows the relationship between mathews and the dealer so its stupid for anyone to talk crap on Mathews as a company. To me it sounds like hinton archery is butthurt that mathews pulled there bows off the shelves.

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely, regardless of the brand if I find out that a retailer isn't doing all it can to promote my products in a positive way why would I want to keep them as a retailer. I understand that a retailer has more then one brand of bow to sell a customer. It is not the retailers job to give his opinion and sell a specific brand. It is his job to present the choices he has available and educate the customer on the difference and let the customer decide which bow is right for them.

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes....

10. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds about right IMO....lol. What about the all the bow shops that sale Mathews, PSE, Bowtech, Hoyt and all together. Maybe that will be a conflict of interest to Mathews...lol. I'm not a Mathews guy anyway. Nice bows i suppose....just not for me.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  11. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sounds to me Mathews is Butt hurt their bows didn't perform as well as others in the test.

12. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with what Mathews/Mission did.

13. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If he and the others were conducting a test to be in field and Stream shouldn't he be expected to be honest and rate bows as they performed ?
    isn't that the point of the test anyway ? The reason we would read the article ?

It isn't like he purposely slammed Mathews.....
    perhaps Mathews should have sent him a letter asking on ways they could improve.

Some commented he should have been loyal to Mathews for selling their bows
    It isnt like he is sponsored or endorsed by Mathews.....he sells their line of bows in his shop along with bowtech.

Doesn't he owe Bowtech the same then ?

Im sure he will lose some business not selling Mathews..........but that will be bows Mathews doesn't sale either.

In my opinion he should not have agreed to the test.......Carrying both lines of bows it was a no win situation for him.

14. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They didnt perform well in the opinion of FOUR people.....not in general...if youre not going to promote my product in a positive manner im out as well....let the customer decide dont let some shoot out with 4 peoples worthless opinions decide my product is the lowest on the market and then publicize it....you could get 4 different people and have a completely different article

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

15. JamesxCreedx

Dislikes Received:
    Whos to say the comparison of the bows was on an even playing field. Hasnt field and stream put bowtech at the top like 3 years in a row. I mean ive shot bowtech bows uncluding their new flagship bow and its an outstanding bow, I almost bought one instead of my creed.
    This whole thread is just hearsay....lol

16. JamesxCreedx

Dislikes Received:

17. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    But they were the 4 doing the test.......
    The intent of these test is to help the customer decide........kind of like researching a purchase in consumer reports.

18. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im betting this one gets locked.........;)

19. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I quoted this just because I couldn't hit the like button twice. :tu:

20. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It won't get locked as long as everyone keeps it civil, which can be difficult to do in a thread that is obviously posted to cause discontent and is intended to be divisive.