What did you find on Craigslist today .. ?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by timcon, Sep 28, 2016.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That there is, but I don't have anyone to go meet up for me - so I just shop for others. My Grandmother's coworker flew to FL for a car on Craigslist - I about had a stroke when she told me that!

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ahhh. I should've read your post better. thought you just didn't meet up period. Yea CL is always a risk. I carry when I meet up and always meet in a public place. Our local police even encourage us to meet at the station. A guy from local town met up with someone who wanted to buy his car and the guy killed him for no reason. even left the car. Not trying to scare you out of it. 99% of the people on there are normal people trying to make deals. Just always be aware of your surroundings.

3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is last year but the best deal I've ever gotten. Kinda felt a little guilty and offered more money. I Found an old Fisher wood stove, "Grandpa Bear", in excellent condition. Along with insulated SS 8" stove pipe to go from my basement up through first floor, the attic, and outside. A Magic heat saver, chimney sweep, and fireplace tools. All for $750. The only catch was I had to remove it. The stove alone sells for $900 on eBay and the pipe is well over a grand new. The day before I went to pick it up, I called the man, in his late 70's, to see if all was still on for the next day. He told me there was a problem. He went ahead and removed all the pipe and fixed the roof, and it was all in the garage waiting. When we got there he had Beer and dogs waiting on us and wouldn't take more money for it. Top that!

4. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It was funny though. I took my 2 BIL's with me to help load it in my truck. Two of us were carrying because it was to good of a deal. Didn't feel right. When we got there we went in the garage to check stuff over and the ol guy was leaning on his work bench with his hand kinda hidden by a speaker. Right next to his .38 snub nose. LOL. All 4 of us had a good chuckle about it...Later. It's a good thing nobody made any sudden movements.

5. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I always carry, that's just the world we are in, but I make sure it's locked and loaded when I meet someone on CL. heck, the guy I got the moultrie card viewer from the other day actually put me on a really good public spot for some deer and we have a hunt planned for later this year. He was a cool dude who saw I had a bowtech in the back and wanted to see it, he showed me his bow and we talked for over an hour in the Kmart parking lot. I paid 5 bucks for the reader but the information and the friendship I've built can't be matched with a monetary value. There are still some good people left in this world.

6. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    got 4 lone wolf climbing sticks for $75