What Defines a Trophy to a Deer Hunter?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kgtech, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your definition of what constitutes a trophy is perfectly valid. The term "trophy" is subjective and different from one hunter to the next and even one season to the next. The whole point of the video is to point out the no hunter has the right to impose their definition of the term on any other hunter. We should all high five and enjoy the sunshine and rainbows together no matter what is in the bed of the truck. Providing it's a legal harvest, of course.

2. Illinois Outdoorsman

Illinois Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow this is a touchy subject for a few in the forum. You can call your Deer whatever you want, there is no right answer. The purpose of my posts was a hope that I might make people think a bit about how our actions in the woods, in these forums and in our hunting videos might affect overall perception of deer hunters. I think perception is important, you don't have to, that's your right. Call your deer whatever you want. Forward thinking is all I'm saying, I don't think my great great grandfather had any "trophies" but that doesn't make it right or wrong. Your not the ruination of hunting.

3. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For most people perception is reality. Very few of us have the inclination or ability to look at a situation and say I might not have the whole picture here. I saw a video on Facebook or a guy running up behind a gal and grabbing her purse. My first judgement was what a lowlife. Then it turned out he was grabbing her to stop her from stepping out in front of a moving vehicle. The whole thing was probably staged, but it illustrates a point. We usually only have one opportunity to leave a favorable impression. In a government of majority rule, those Right to Hunt amendments can be overturned as quickly as they passed. Let's not jeopardize our future. And like I said in another post, if you are looking for a wall hanger and not meat for the freezer, good luck and I hope you kill the biggest buck of your life this fall. Just remember that perception is reality.

4. Illinois Outdoorsman

Illinois Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's exactly what I was eluding to with my original "Trophy" post. Just usage of the phrase and how we are perceived by outsiders. I chase big bucks like everyone else, just think there are small things each of us can do to help safeguard our love of the pursuit. Great post, glad I'm not alone. Good luck in the woods.