What Bow to choose?

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by MFrog, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MFrog

MFrog Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was challenged by a friend to try bow hunting. So I am taking the challenge. Here is my delima. I have shot Mathews, Bowtech, Diamond, Bear, Alpine, Mission, Hoyt, and PSE. I have narrowed it down to two and both are PSE. I have shot the new Bow Madness XL and the last years Bow Madness and they shoot the same to me. They are both smooth with little vibration w/o a stabilizer. Then I shot the Brute and it is a little bit heavier but I shot it the same as the the Bow Madness. However, the 2010 model is less in price than the 2011 but more than the Brute 2011. Here is my question. The Bow Madness 2010 and 2011 both have the split limbs and the Brute has the single with silencers attached to the limbs. Does the split limb make a noticable different on the performance of the bow or is it just personal preference on how it feels and how well you shoot with it? Also does the weight factor into it? I know its a lot of info but I didn't want to leave anything unsaid. Any advice would be greatful.