What bow to buy???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MikeK, Feb 10, 2022.

1. MikeK

MikeK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was wondering if any of you have or have shot a Gearhead Archery bow. Was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA today and it was the quietest bow I shot. Despite it's different appearance it was quite comfortable and well balanced even without a stabilizer. While I was at the stand talking to the tech several people had passed by making fun of it's looks and even heard one person say " what does that thing shoot 2 arrows". I stopped just because the look was different and stood there and talked for almost 30 minutes with the tech. Then went over and shot half dozen of arrows along with my brother in-law shooting a different version than I. Prices are a little cheaper then your most popular brands. But want to hear from you guys and thoughts that might help me determine what bow to purchase. Thanks for any comments.

2. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    f-n ugly as hell ........... I wont date a fugly woman, and I wont shoot a fugly bow ... there, you wanted MY opinion .... Look at Bowtech or Elite, their tuning systems are outstanding !!

MikeK likes this.
  3. MikeK

MikeK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love it! I shoot a 14 yr old Diamond Nitrous which are made by Bowtech. Shot my biggest buck ever this year with it at 42yds heart shot. Have shot my brother in-laws expensive Hoyt several times and even though it is fast wasn't overly impressed specially for the cost. Was actually looking to possibly buy another Bowtech. Haven't shot a new model yet. And as for the fuglys they can be some of the best fun you will ever have.

4. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd buy a used 1 or 2 year old flagship from Bowtech, Elite, Mathews, etc if you're concerned about saving some money. Seriously the GearHead "thing" is neat but it looks more like a contraption than a bow. Go with a tried and true company/brand even if that means buying a second hand bow from someone. Tons of insanely good bows for 700-800 dollar bows for sale right now.

5. MikeK

MikeK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been looking at the new Mathews and Bowtechs here lately. Not afraid to spend a little more money on a bow. But $2500 is just too much for my blood. $1500 and under for a complete set up is more what I'm looking for.

6. mnhunter77

mnhunter77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1 for the elite bows. I really like mine. But any of the bigger name bows are going to be good also.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You can definitely get the bow for less than 1500 but depending on accessories, you'll be over that by a good bit. New flagship bows are around 1200 give or take, that leaves you with 300 for sight and rest. Never mind arrow cost if you need them too.

I still stand by my suggestion of looking at year old bows. Matthews VXR's and Bowtech Solutions can be had for around 800 right now. That leaves you with a good chunk of change to play with for accessories.

Eddy G likes this.
  8. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buy the bow that feels right to you and fits you best. You’re the one shooting it, not anyone on here.