Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

What are some of your other non-hunting related hobby's??

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by SevenMag, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man where do i start :confused: Building and flying nitro RC airplanes (its been awhile) Got a hot rod im working on (waiting till the kids go back to school) cant get nothing done when they are home :d arrow head hunting. wood working, metal fabrication, rock engraving,and busting Tucos chops :d

2. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I throw allot of darts in the winter months. I've won some good money in tournaments I've throwing in. I once qualified to go to Vegas but ended up not going being I'm self employed and couldn't find anyone to drive my milk truck for me at the time.:cry: Besides that I also love throwing horse shoes and playing softball. I use to play ball 4 times a week, man it was fun but the last few years I've backed off allot on the ball playing. Now I have a daughter in my life, I couldn't be happier spending my extra time with her.;)

3. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Boat, Fish, Snowmobile, Work on our place.

4. Diesel77

Diesel77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ahh, some cars guys here, sweet. I built this drag radial car a few years ago, its got Turbonetics turbos, Brodix heads, .670 Cam Motion turbo cam, powerglide with a brake, 4 link and all kinds of other goodies. I didnt sell it although I thought about it, but I decided to keep it, just to much fun. I need to get more time to race it. I used to have this green 70 Chevelle with a little nitrous lol, but I was stupid and sold the car a few years ago, wish I still had it, ran 8.60s on what was considered a stock suspension.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, Andy! Those are beauties!!

6. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Taxidermy is another hobby of mine. But to tell you the truth, I haven't had a lot of time for hobbies this year. I'm renovating a 1918 farmhouse, that's requiring a lot of work. But I enjoy doing it...so far anyways!

7. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Diesel, those are some gorgeous rides, im jelious. Dont laugh at mine but its a 74 vega wagon that i have converted to a 71-73 style front end with fiberglass front fenders. I all but done building a 357 v8 to stuff in it. I have tubbed it, back halved it and narrowed a ford 9" rear. got an 8 point cage to keep it ridgid and for safety. I have converted the front suspension from the stock four lug rotors to s-10 5 lug rotors and s-10 ball joints. Its got the skinnys in front to. The rear tires are street legal mickey thompson 31x16.50x15"
    It has sat idel for a couple years with being busy with the kids but im getting that itch back. I also turned it into the panel wagon instead of the side glass. These were very popular for drag cars back in the day because they were light and could accept a v8. I had to do some major body work to get it to where its at and still have a little left. It was completly stripped to bare metal to see what it needed to be done right, I also had to stretch the rear wheel wells 3.5 " to get the rear meats to fit in there. This is the only current pic i have on the computer. it sits lower than in the pic but it was on jack stands to keep it off the tires while it sat.
    [​IMG]

8. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Many for me.

I fish with my wife.. and my nieces. Used to fish better than 200 days a year.. don't know more. I boat. I love a good cold beer. Some lite photography as I once did it professionally. Playing softball.

Reading and philosophy. Writing (trying to get more involved in real writing).

I'm getting into gardening as well.. particularily native plant gardening.

I shed hunt like a nut!

Golf is getting more attention from me as of late.

And I have a few more less notables.. but little hobbies I enjoy none the less.

9. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    bowfishing...I like it almost as much as my bowhunting now. I hope to get into the competitive side of it next year starting with the localish tourneys.

10. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like being on the Susquehanna River, in any capacity. Anything from cruising and drinking beer to fishin with my lovely wife.
    [​IMG]

I also like to ride four wheelers and basically spend the rest of the time getting ready to hunt, food plots, trail cameras, etc.

11. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't know there were non-hunting related hobbies.:confused: :d

12. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fishing. Trout & Smallmouths.
    I like shooting guns too, mostly pistols but I haven't done that very much lately.
    I try to stay active playing deck hockey, flag football etc.
    I used to pound the weights hard, but kind of just faded out of it the past few years.
    I like watching nascar & going to races.

13. RattleSnake

RattleSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used to have a lot of different hobbies from hunting years ago, but age and time got the better of me. I used to play softball 4 nights a week and then tourneys from Fri night through Sun. That got old after a while, and then back surgery in 2000 pretty much made up my mind to retire altogether.
    I used to fish like crazy, and my brother and I even won a few local tourneys, but a divorce kinda forced me to sell my boat and haven't really gotten back into it since.
    After the divorce the new woman was into Harleys, and we ended up with two of them for a while. First we had 78 1/2 FLH Shovel...one of the first 80 c.iers that was bored out to 96...man that thing had an awesome sound. I can't find a pic of the old girl but it was all chrome with a custom paint job of candy apple red gold metalic with real gold and gold inlay and pins. In 01 we got a Deuce that we put everything on....all in all there ended up being $26K in it....those that know Harley know how easy it is rack up the money.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have played golf since my late teens and thoroughly enjoy it, and about 5 years ago Kimberley started playing too, and she absolutely loves it. So now that we are members every year at a local course, we don't really ride the bike anymore and have decided to sell her.
    So now our hobbies include shed hunting late winter to early spring, turkey hunting, a lot of golf, and then BOWHUNTING and a little rifle hunting. I spend a lot of time too working on food plots too as far as where, when, and what to plant. I've been watching our herd dynamics change drastically since we started doing them, and always looking for different ways to manage things, but I love it. Kim and I also enjoy just being at the farm and riding the ATVs around and checking things out...she hates riding back seat so she had to have her own. I found hers while working on a house about an hour away from home. I saw the lady just putting the for sale sign on it and got it for $2300 which I didn't think was bad for an '02 400 Sporstman. Mine is the old dog being a 99 but it's still a good work horse.
    Mine
    [​IMG]

Hers
    [​IMG]