What’s the best bow for target shooting under $1000

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by Brian10956, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:12 PM.

1. Brian10956

Brian10956 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have recently decided to get back into archery after over a 20 years break do to health issues. I only own one bow a 23 year old High country. I want to get a new bow just for target shooting as that’s what I will be doing over 90 % of the time. I don’t know anything about what the best setup for me would be and I am looking for some guidance. I am a veteran so if anyone is aware of any veteran discounts pass them on. I did hear that Bear has a Veterans program and I’m checking on that. However I don’t know if their bows will be my best choice within my budget. I’ve been working on getting my shooting muscles back in shape as I haven’t shot in years until a few weeks ago. In my new bow I want light weight and probably the bells and whistles that will make me a better shooter. I set up a range in my yard where I can shoot up to 33 yards out. My old bow was way too strong for me at 70# so I lowered it to 55 initially and now I’m shooting at 60#. I think my strength will be back after another month of working on it. I’m really looking forward to shooting more to get in shape as I really hate to do boring exercises time passes faster when I’m enjoying myself and shooting.