Western Trad Hunter

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by JimQ, Aug 17, 2021.

1. JimQ

JimQ Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy from the Big Sky country!! Originally a flat lander from Missouri but living up in the wide open spaces of Montana. I predominantely shoot a Sauk Trail Archery custom recurve but also run an Elite Ritual for those longer shots. 900 series Antelope Archery season just opened up on the 15th so I'm chasing speed goats. Look forward to gleaning some great knowledge and information from the forum.

axtell343 likes this.
  2. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site. Always wanted to chase those speed goats and I can't imagine why you would leave MO to go to Montana. Kidding of course.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. JimQ

JimQ Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rid
    Ridgerunner3,
    My ex got the state in the divorce so came up here for a new adventure lol. My first year chasing the goats unfortunately with all of the smoke from the fires its pretty rough right now trying to hike a couple of miles.

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! Best of luck on the antelope. What's the plan, sit water or spot /stalk?

Headed to your state with my Elite compound this fall to chase elk on a general tag.

JimQ likes this.
  5. JimQ

JimQ Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For now I am just doing the spot and stalk until I learn the terrain better and figure out the water holes they are utilizing most. Good luck on the elk. I will be doing the same thing in the Belts...