Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Went out today...

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Brandon8807, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did a little shed hunting today on part of our property and managed to find three sheds. It seems as though the squirrels have gotten to a majority of them now though unfortunately. The big shed that is still mostly whole is one that my dad found two weeks ago while driving the logging roads in our timber. It's got 11" G-2's and 10" G-3's and should be a pretty good buck this upcoming year. I think I may have found the match to it today, but the tines had been chewed all the way to the main beam. I'm going to post up a couple pictures to see what you guys think. I also found a nice four-point side that has really good mass all the way throughout. It had a majority of the tines chewed off as well. The third one that I found was a little dinker, but it was a shed none the less.

Here's the one that my Dad found a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]

And here's a couple pictures of the one that I think is a match to it as well. It's got a lot of similar characteristics and has a little knob sticking out on the base as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the 4-point side that has decent mass throughout.

[​IMG]

I think I might head back out tomorrow to see if I can find a few more as long as the rain holds off. This warmer weather has been awesome.

2. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    gotta love those timber rats, they got to my big set from last year...

3. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I think me and a couple of friends are going to do some serious population control this year. My Dad and I haven't hunted squirrel at all for at least 6 or 7 years and the population is out of control. It's rare that I sit in my stand during the season and not look around and see at least 5 or 6 squirrels around me at one point in time.

4. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like fun, I haven't hunted squirrel in years. I always liked blasting them out of the tree, there just as worse as coyotes chewing on them horns!

5. rackaddict

rackaddict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Squirrels are the worst dude! Congrats to both you and your dad on those sweet finds!