Weird Problem with my 4.0 Wildgame Innovations cam

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by leinen, Dec 7, 2011.

1. leinen

leinen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, for some reason my camera takes a pictures one every hour.. i will get a picture at 1:34 A.M., 2:34 AM, 3:34 AM, and etc. it is very weird and it has been taking a LOT of pitchback pictures. These pictures with the hour interval doesn't flash when the picture is taken? any help would be wonderful :sheep: thanks guys! Nick

2. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I have had a similar problem with my Wildgame Innovations 2.0 trail camera. It takes alot of black pictures at night...and also takes some blank pics during the middle of the day. I really have no idea whats wrong but I'm having the same problems. Goodluck and hope you get it all figured out.

3. cstice

cstice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ive got the 2.0 and i have had pics of nothing but the top half and the bottom half is black. also i have had pics that look like everything is white like the sun is shining into the camera even when its not.

4. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the 8.0 and used to get all pink pic's. Then I had it on video, had 10 clips, but none were visible. I realized it was the card, not the camera.
    Try a new card to see if it does anything, but it sounds like the camera may have issues.
    I just moved mine last week after not taking any pic's of me as I walked toward it. I had to get 1 ft before it clicked. It may go back to Costco after the season...

5. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One thing to tryfor the hourly thing is a hard reset- take out batts and card for an hour or more if possible...reformat card or change to new....should reset all info. if that doesn't work you will have to contact customer service and replace it. The blackouts are a malfunctioning flash - either no flash or flash is not in sync with the shutter. Pink pics meen the ir filter is sticking and covering lens for daytime pics...replacement if possible(sometimes a little knock and then level set up will cure but not supposed to happen). As for the half pics I got quite a few with my Primos TC35 and had to reformat the card and try different types(brands) and check if compatable with the HDSD vs older SD cards(sandisk seems to work for all cams I used...Lexar won't work with Cuddeback...Patriot not so good with WGI cams...Kingston not good in WGI or Primos TCs...I dont use PNY in any of my cams-just oddball probs with pics and having to reset alot)

6. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure the problem is the brand....

7. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So how do you fix the flash not in sync, black pics?

8. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Matts right you get what you pay for mi e is good sometimes but not so much other times

9. MN_Whitetail

MN_Whitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If all else fails call the customer service number. Even if you don't have proof of receipt or warranty I've had them switch out my camera. Usually no questions asked just ship it out with the number you get and you'll see a new one at your door in two weeks.

10. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How long did you have the camera and I'm assuming you had yours registered?

11. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wild Game Cams.. are junk, I'm sorry but I gave a couple a try and all I have had is problems, most of which are listed above, so has a buddy of mine that tried one out.

For the money, Tasco builds a great little 5.0 compact.. 4aa batteries.. 79.99 I have yet to find a camera that works as slick and takes as good of pics for the $

12. leinen

leinen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i've been lookin at gettin a few DLC Covert's.. either the Reveal or 3.0

13. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got 3 WGI w6xs and 1 N6 - all work great (currently) - the w6xs had problems with manufacture before Aug 2011 as far as I can tell...I replaced a few till they were all new manufacture(actually all are now 8/22/11). I have 2 spypoint IR-5 cams that are great for the money as well. IR-5s take better vids and seem to have a wider sense cone and the w6xs a longer range. Liked a CA 3.0 I have and still using but it was attacked by a bear and seems to have a dead spot in the pir(left side of sensor range). Also have a Primos tc35 which is junk compared to the others(night pics worthless).
    As for the flash/blackout issues which can be caused by sd cards incompatable if changing brands or new card doesn't help send it back if possible. I had these issues with a N4 and upgraded to the w6x and also with the TC35 which fixed itself with a different card.