Weekend Outlook

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by youngcd12, Nov 6, 2015.

1. youngcd12

youngcd12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here in the upper midwest, the weather looks like it should be changing in our favor today and for the weekend. Cold front moved through over night and temps will be hovering around 45-50 for highs. As we get closer to full on rut action, will you guys be sitting all day this weekend? 10-2? What is everyone's strategy?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting as long as I can in the AM and then back in the afternoon to a different stand. I just can't sit all day.

3. FLTXILduck

FLTXILduck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, we needed this cold front big time. 74 in Illinois yesterday...on Nov. 5th?? WTF.
    I hope this wind lays down a bit though. I hate hunting whitetails in high wind. Good luck.

4. sgcableguy

sgcableguy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been watching the weather for well over a week. Hope is does what Accuweather is forecasting. I have got this weekend, then a short vacation starting Tuesday afternoon. Modern gun season starts next Saturday. Time for me to get it done!

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Next week is the last week in most of PA (a few special regs units stay open). I have not been seeing any deer movement in this warm spell this week. I will be in OH this weekend but hopefully next week is a little more productive as far as sightings go in PA.

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow is the start of my vacation for the next 9 days. I'm hoping with this cold front moving in the weather will assist with good hunting. Depending how I am feeling with take it day by day and hunt as much as I can. :tu:

7. Stick&String96

Stick&String96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can't kill them from the couch

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously. Lots of us are still hunting in these temps, I was just posting how poor my sightings have been in this heat.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday, Sunday and Monday I will not leave the woods before dark without a buck in tow.

Think the next 3 days will be the best by far

10. sgcableguy

sgcableguy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Question. I have a Tink's Ms. November deek. Would you guys recommend deploying it this weekend?

11. emgepi

emgepi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping for some better movement as well. The property we have been hunting for years has been dead for the last week or so and the new lease we picked up this year has been full of does and fawns, but we haven't seen one buck out there yet. Even the doe stayed away 2 nights ago when it was close to 75. I'm looking forward to this 20-30 degree drop for tomorrows hunt.

Last year, once the cold hit and the snow started flying, the deer movement picked up dramatically. I don't want to get buried in the white stuff, but some more winter like weather wouldn't hurt my feelings. At least during hunting season.