Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Weekend beer line up

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rybo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I needed to get in one more russian river brew before leaving California in the morning. Here is erudition. It's a hoppy farmhouse ale. Absolutely delicious. Very tank 7-ish with a better hop nose and flavor.
    [​IMG]

2. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How did you like the liquid bliss? its on the shelves here reviews on BA werent that great so ive passed on it..

I loved the the 3 brothers resolute wish i hadnt traded my other bottles..

Im still holding onto my '13 Hardywood GBS think i might open her up on Xmas

3. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The liquid bliss probably isn't worth the money. Someone else had brought that. I had another peanut butter stout next to it that put it to shame. If that style of stout is something that you'd like to try I would definitely recommend the Big Gruesome from Springhouse Brewing. It was pretty damn delicious with its peanut butter and chocolate tastes and rich as well. It would be an awesome dessert beer.

4. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The market where I buy most of my fruits and vegetables used to give out samples of beer, ale, and wine. They have now opened a bar right in the store where you can buy beer by the 12 oz. glass. They still give out samples, so I tried some of Bells Best Brown Ale and really enjoyed it. So I got a 12 oz. glass. ($4) I don't know how to describe it in those terms you guys use but it was very tasty. It had just enough bitter taste to be refreshing. I guess it's supposed to be a transition to Fall brew. And that did seem appropriate. I can see sitting on the patio on a Fall night when it's too cool for mosquitoes sipping this ale. At my size, one beer gives me a buzz, so I had to slow down my shopping to allow it to wear off. the girls got a small glass of root beer each, so they were also happy. When I called my husband to ask if I could get a glass, he told me if it was good to bring home a six-pack. So I did.

They now have 30 beers on tap and are going to 50 by next week.

5. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like an awesome market. Beer shops around here allow you to drink a pint while browsing around but I haven't seen any grocery stores like that here yet.

6. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Popped this bottle open for the evening session of football. Cheers Hooker, it's delicious!

[​IMG]

7. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Picked these up on my way home from work tonight. Never seen Sucks in a 32oz bottle before...

[​IMG]

8. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man...Sucks is so good. We are about to start getting Lagunitas here now. Most of their lineup is meh, but I love Sucks.

9. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Pumped sucks is back out! I need to hit the store. Thanks for the scouting Brandon!

10. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    So, I'm two weeks out from another adventure with my wife. This one involves a lot more beer and less wine.

I'm originally from NH and didn't fully appreciate the craft beer scene around me until I moved to Kansas. Well, sept 24-oct 1 I'll be in NH visiting family and friends. While I'm there I plan on hitting up allagash, Maine beer company, and gritty mcduffs for tours and buying bottles. I'm especially excited about the tap lineup at Maine beer company right now. It looks awesome! My grandparents and great grandfather all live on the coast between Portland and Scarborough Maine so it should be a great day with family and beer touring. I've also got the contact info of some retailers that will sell heady topper by the case for 75$ just over the border in Vermont. If time allows and I can get some set aside I will make that trip. Should be good times! If I get into some serious stashes of goodies I may have to ship some to myself. After my last haul from Russian river my luggage was nearly overweight and I didn't like the stress of wondering whether it'd break or not.

Hook, we've spoken already, but if there's anything particular you're after PM me and I'll keep my eyes out in addition to what I'm already going after up there.

Dave, Brandon, dogfish, if you guys are looking for anything PM and I'll see what I can find for y'all as well.

Forgot to mention, there's a newer brewery in NH called 603 brewery (NH's area code is how the name is derived). They've got some great beers as well and I'm hopeful to get my hands on some more. Cheers fellas!

11. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still trying to comprehend the fact that you called your husband to ask if you could get a glass of beer. Really? Would he also call you?

12. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure where NH brewing Co is located in relation to where you will be but they are also a fantastic brewery they make Gandhi bot - which is what I'm after. Also heady and crusher from alchemist is you come across any.

13. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Enjoying a 120min tonight. [​IMG]

14. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Total wines had those 32oz sucks last week.. 1 bottle limit.. Think they were like 6.99$ didn't get any. I still haven't seen those heavy seas pumpkin beer yet :( they did get another shipment of warlock tho.

15. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not really after anything in particular Jeff. Let me know what ya pick up and maybe we can work something out, but don't go out of your way for anything.

16. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff, I'm kinda like Brandon, but do you know if Hill Farmstead distributes within Vermont? Or do they only sale at the brewery?

I'm still trying to get my first Hill Farmstead beer.

17. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Happy birthday to me....

Homebrew Jack Daniels BA imp stout, Perennial Sump, Surly Darkness, Pipeworks Raspberry Truffle Abduction, and Track Seven Panic IPA. I have another package that should be arriving this afternoon :D

[​IMG]

18. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Surly Darkness > Dark Lord

IMO

19. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had DL, but I heard it's really sweet. I've been a little outta control with trades the past week or so. After the one I get today I still have three other boxes coming, and three to ship out this weekend. Gonna have to call it quits for quite some time after that.

20. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BOOO!

I need more Black Angel :lol:

Tags: