Website Layout...Part of it's finished...Need opinions.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MGH_PA, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from being a teacher, I do a bit of web/graphic design on the side. It's not much, and I've published a few of my own websites in the past, but I've since gone without a real portfolio site for quite some time. I came up with this design recently, and granted it's only a mock layout I designed in PS, but it gives you an idea of what the site might look like. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this. Especially anyone who has web design/development experience (Justin and Todd for example). As for me, I'm fairly happy with it, but I'm not sure I like the approach I'm taking. I'm wondering if it might be better to just base the site solely as a portfolio. For instance, I had in mind just making the main page similar in design, but showcasing all of my work (in scrollable thumbnail format), with a link to contact me, and a link for work skills/resume. I'm not sure I really want to reflect the image of a formal "business." Rather, maybe I should focus on showcasing just my work as a personal portfolio. What are your thoughts guys?

Anyways, here's the link to the image of the layout. I'm linking it, instead of embedding since it's quite large. Thanks for looking.

Layout