Weather looks bad but..

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Matt9589, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looked at the weather for tomorrow and it says showers in the morning. going to be cold and wet. is it worth going out? Either way im going. last day to hunt for me. what are your thoughts.? heres my weather for tomorrow
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tomorrow/Pittsburgh+PA+15227:4:US

2. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With a thirty percent chance of rain during the morning hours I would be in the tree, but the lightning might deter me.

3. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be out for at least an afternoon hunt. Better be in the tree when it stop raining.

I know i'm heading out tomorrow afternoon and expecting rain/storm between 2-5 then clearing after that. Deer movement should pick up after that.

4. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have about an 80% chance of rain and I am debating on hunting or not. I took today off work so I could hunt and this morning was a bust when I took down a Yote and this afternoon aint looking good weather wise - think I might go sit in the stand and get all wet! lol

5. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to be out there before first light! I do have one of those umbrellas that screw into the tree so It ought to be pretty comfy.
    Never shot a deer while under an umbrella; there better not be any good reason for that. Either way, I'm going a little extra high up a poplar (25-30) and rolling the dice. Saturdays are the only days I can get in the woods before dawn so I go no matter what the weather is (except lightning or something similarly heinous).

6. merky1761

merky1761 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Finish work at 3p and I'll be out for a late afternoon hunt, supposed to be sunny.