We suk!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by John Galt, Jun 2, 2013.

1. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I put that in a category of things that make me want to puke. Stupid government can't do anything right and for the people that protect the rights of this country. These are the same *** hats that are going to run the health care

3. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It took them 2 years to process my claim that I filed 5 years ago. The VA has always been slow to process, quick to deny the first time and then finally get it right. Once it is done though, they are quick to process after that. There are a large amount of PTSD claims rolling in and they are having trouble keeping up with those now. Should not take this long, but when the gov't cannot even pass a budget, you can't expect the departments to operate too well either.

4. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I must be missing something. It says that they will put an end to backlog which to me means that they'll make it faster and no backlog right?

5. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Or are you guys mad about the backlog that currently exists?

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe they are trying to get the process down to ~1year from 2+ years...in the private sector service levels like that would put you out of business.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  7. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If a storm knocked your electric out and it took 2-5 years to turn it back on would you be a little pissed. How about oh, only one year to get it fixed? 30 days would piss me off, there is no excuse for any delays!

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's such a shame our federal government has become so big and so incompetent. The worst thing is, there's no accountability so they know they can get away with it...at least until, well you know.

9. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Come on guys, you should know Obama is too busy making sure we are all tolerant of Muslims to be able to do things to help the country out that he is supposed to be leading.....

10. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure he didn't know anything about this either.:D

Makes me want a government run healthcare system.:rolleyes:
    sent from my samsung note 2

11. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    honestly the backlog doesn't surprise me knowing the military just from my side. It is sad and shuoldn't be the case, but it also has to do with the quality of government workers, you don't always get the best. Some just sit, take the paycheck and give people the worst customer service.

12. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting Obama on this.... but perhaps a little history would help. IN the beginning...... way back to Vietnam times, a lot of health problems were NOT allowed as claims. Many years later.... like 4 years ago, a lot of claims that were disallowed were suddenly allowed and the government kind of pleaded NO contest. SO, claims that had been denied for deccades suddenly became viable. This brought on the back log. VA was told to go back to all old denied cases and see if they feel into that category.... not a viable claim then.... but under the new rules a viable claim. Hundreds of thousands of instant new claims to sort through. Yup,.... it created a backlog. I'm one of them. They tell me "Sure, you're a hundred percenter as sooon as we can get to you. So I've only been in the system for upgrade for 9 months. The first check will be for money back 9 months, tax free at this point. I already have a 50 percent rating for my ears and legs. The jump to 100 percent is almost 2000 a month more. My heart, tinitis and all these little annoying skin cancers etc should put me over the top. I missed one interview that was important.... but I was in the hospital at the time. If they screw me.... well they do.