wanna swap hunts?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Straight Shooter, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Killed my first Bear this year (a big black bear on Vancouver Island) and now I am obsessed! Interested in swapping a bear or antelope hunt for a whitetail hunt? I have 300 acres in Fulton County, IL. I have many trail cam pics of BIG bucks as well as pics of deer I have mounted that I have killed here. I have 23 safe sets hung and I can provide lodging and meals! If you are interested shoot me a message. Maybe we can work something out. One person. No partying. Just SERIOUS hunting for big bucks! I am NOT an outfitter!
    MDGC0040.jpg Turkey stand 06.28.10 007.jpg IMG_1032.jpg

2. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if I would ever make it down to Il to hunt but my sister and brother-in-law both bowhunt and live down in the Rockford area...If you can get a tag for the Baraga or preferably Bergland unit in the U.P. I would be happy to set you up best I can for some good bears...we get a couple over 600lbs shot every year between the two units and a 350-400 lb bear is pretty doable though it is hit or miss if they will hit baits daytime vs nights. I do know a lot of guys that run them with dogs as well. I have pics of a couple 200 lb bears and one going to be 400+ already this year but I think it is to late to apply anymore...though there may be tags left for the 3rd season over the counter the odds are stacked against you then as they have been running the dogs for a month by then. I can say they don't run dogs much out by my camp because of the wolves out there and I do see a couple nice bears and tracks of good ones during deer season when I am there but I just don't bother hunting for them myself.
    Here's a pic of the one I know is there now and there was a larger one(300-350 or so) that was roaming about end of Nov. last yr as well.
    [​IMG]

3. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the response. I am almost out of vacation time for this year. I was thinking of next spring. Do you have a spring season?

4. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wish we had a spring season(I would prob'ly hunt them)...I could just about gaurantee calling in a nice bear then. MI stopped the spring season a while ago for whatever reason - I don't know...spring is the best time to do real hunting for bear as opposed to sitting over bait or having dogs do all the work.