Walking to your stand, and passing another stand? Deep woods stands?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Chago, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Looking to set up some more spots on my property. There is one spot I want to set up in the woods. Its a change between the thick evergreen woods, to the more open hardwoods. I want to hunt these hardwoods but just can't seem to get a good spot. My permission is a farm behind my house. The farm is all forest with very little field. Directly in my backyard I have a food plot which I have taken deer from before. Mostly does, although bucks seem to come barreling in come November. I wanted to set up a stand in the woods. See if I can get them passing through to my food plot. Couple issues, circling around to the back side is not possible. My permission from the land owner is that I don't interefere with the opposite neighbours horse back riders. They have permission to ride the trails, but the trails are at the very back of the property, which is the hard woods. If I stay south of them I'm ok. My issue is then I need to walk through my food plot and literally past my stand to get to this spot in the woods I want to set up. Would walking the same trail the deer use to come to my plot to get to that other stand destroy any chances of shooting a deer from the food plot stand?

Thanks