Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Video of our mule deer hunt

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by shootlong, Apr 3, 2011.

1. shootlong

shootlong Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In this video we spot two Muley Bucks early in the morning. I shoot some video while we wait for them to bed down and then we make our move. My brother makes a Texas heart shot at 57 yards.

I am coorinating a bow hunt for September 2011. Let me know if you are interested.

Hope you enjoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sHAI...yer_detailpage

2. bigbuckhunter

bigbuckhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    looks like a good hunt. What is the price?

3. shootlong

shootlong Newb

Dislikes Received:
    here's more info on the hunt

In the immediate hunting area is over 20,000 acres of accessible land which includes BLM, State Trust Lands, and private walk-in areas.

I will take you to the properties, provide you the maps, and show you the access roads and trails. I will also provide daily scouting reports. I will also assist when you need help either tracking or retrieving your game. We will stay in contact with the use of 2-way radios and/or cell phones. I will provide these services for two days.

If you have never Bow hunted out west you don’t know what you are missing. Over the last three years I’ve taken 15 hunters (gun and bow) who have filled 14 tags. We started hanging mounts on the wall after the first year.

What I hope to provide you is the short-cut to taking trophy big game with your bow. It normally takes two or three trips to pattern the game and to start cashing in on the big ones. With this approach, I will set you in a spot with a better than decent chance of getting the wall hanger on your first trip. You will be money ahead because you are cashing in on successful scouting knowledge I’ve accumulated during the last three seasons. When you compare the fee to the cost of an annual hunting lease the fee is very reasonable

Approx 2011 hunting dates Sep 15 – Sep 25

Fees and 2011 Tag Cost

Coordinate Hunt / Scouting service / Game tracking and retrieval $600

Mule Deer Buck $312 Doe $34

Antelope Buck $272 Doe $34

4. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    where? what do you consider a wall hanger, what class animals are we talking? ohh.. and the video isn't working...

5. shootlong

shootlong Newb

Dislikes Received:
  6. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Those are some decent looking bucks, especially for the bow. I have a friend that is from the Laramie (sp?) area, apparently her family has a good amount of land and says i'm welcome to hunt it. Is that area decent? worth considering?

7. shootlong

shootlong Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Habitat is key

Water source is key. If they have a creek or river through the property it should be a great place to hunt. The area we have success in Eastern Wyoming is the ditches and drainages that are formed from the erosion off of the buttes combined with creek bottoms with plenty of trees and vegetation.

Good luck on your hunting!

8. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    thanks bud i'll have to look into it.