Video Of My Backwards Bowhunts With The New HD Camera

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lady Forge, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As some of you already know I have been filming my bowhunts for the last couple of years but struggling with the quality of the footage from my older Sony camera, So we purcheased a new HD video camera back in September so my husband could start filming his bowhunts also, and he has been extremely successful in getting his kills on film.
    But he has began to scale back on the filming lately so I had the pleasure of having it exclusively with me on my bowhunts the last 2 weeks :) , and occaisionaly before that.
    We bought a Panasonic HC-V500M HD video camera.
    I havnt bought a new editing program yet since I am still testing different trial versions from various makers.

So as I am filming I decided to show the backwards deer I bowhunt, And, No their not a bunch of deliverence type deer ..
    ( Not That Kind of Backwards Christine ;)
    Backwards in meaning I see alot of deer on this property traveling with the wind at their back not with the wind in their face, you can watch the feather tied to my stabilizer in the video and see it floating away from the deer.
    They are also traveling backwards ( meaning you would think and in the past they would go from food to the back of the property to bed in the morning - But No. I pretty regularly lately see them traveling from back bedding areas to near food bedding areas... Sneaky deer :) Maybe thats why so many of the guys hunting this same property ( 28 guys and Christine & I are permitted to bowhunt this park ) as me are not seeing deer, and I am still seeing them constistantly, I have adapted to hunting them backwards. With the complete lack of a mask crop this year due to the drought, with lesser browse due also to the drought and being a bit chocked out by the Giant ragweed, and most of the crop fields have been turned under & the added hunting pressure the deer IMO have drastictly changed their movements and habits in the area we bowhunt.
    I find that every year the deer keep teaching me something new and its either adapt to these changes or eat tag soup.
    Guess that makes me a Backwards Bowhunter!
    So here is the video link, of a kill, ( a should have killed :(- not a good angle at 8 yards and then to many twigs in the way all occured cause I tried to get it all on film ) and one I refused to kill.
    http://youtu.be/Eq9SSvjX4g8

2. hammerman

hammerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice, good job!

3. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I also recorded footage of a big buck breeding a doe out in the wide open, but i still have to get that one posted to youtube in the next couple of days.

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty cool Deb!!!!:)