Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by SwampDonkey, Feb 13, 2013.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking for a good video editing software to use on our hunting footage. Right now we use windows movie maker, and it just can't do everything we want. What different software do you guys use, and any recommendations? We were thinking about possibly making kind of mini hunting episodes eventually if it helps knowing what we're looking at accomplishing with the software. Thanks for any help guys!

2. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im using movie maker right now too but my hd video makes to choppy when editing but when i save it and play it without the edditing tools it plays fine. i would also like a good editing software so i can stop shots that last to long exactly where i want instead of guessing.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm buying the Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 software. I'm running the trial version right now, and it seems pretty simple and user friendly. It gets high ratings and is usually considered one of the better "entry level" type editing software. I have friends that have tried the campbell's program and were not happy with it. they run the Pinnacle program now and like it much better.

I think your PC makes a huge difference in the performance of any of these editing software. I've tried a little editing on my laptop and found it to be almost brutal. I built a new PC a couple months ago, and the computer just blows through everything I ask at top speed.

4. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went throught the same thing a couple months ago. i ended up getting adobe premier elements 11 and it does what i need it to. Theres more that it can do that i havent played around with yet. They have a free trial that you can download. heres the link to the thread i had http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?40205-Video-editing. you can check out my youtube page in my signature and the videos episode 1 and 2 where done with this software.

5. bwang

bwang Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im using corel videostudio x5.Its definently better than windows movie maker and has some nice features

6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, thanks guys! I'll be trying out as many free trials of these different programs as I can before I decide which one I'm gonna buy.