Victory vap tko .. anyone shooting these.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BuckEyeJay, Aug 10, 2016.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hearing nothing but awesome things about these arrows. Is anyone shooting them can you tell me a little about them and the new carbon construction. Do they fly and Penetrate like they say and like I've heard. I'm hearing there the best arrow out right now. Can anyone give me a little info on them thanx.

2. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got a catologue through the bowshop of the fieldstaff I'm part of. I was thinking about trying them out, If I do I'll be sure to get back to you

3. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Cool yeah I think I'm going to get some. My coworker shot an elk with one at 37 yards and complete pass thru he showed me the pics he shooting them with these small 1 inch fixed blades by rocket there the smallest fixed blades I've ever seen.

4. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot Victory VAPs for two seasons...best penetration and best arrow flight I've ever had on an arrow build. I've shot carbon express, Black eagle Rampages, various Eastons over the years. Victory IMO makes some of the best arrows. VAPs have the best GPI to spine class of anyone out there. They come spine indexed from the factory. Their design lets you build a light fast arrow with high FOC and incredible penetrating ability. I eventually got annoyed though, with either having to use an outsert system or VAP penetrator inserts which would bend and wobble. I ended up switching to Victory RIPs which I like, but still not as tight grouping or as good of penetration as the VAPs. I think they might have figured out the inserts with the TKOs so I am considering switching back myself. I'll be following your thread to see if anyone else chimes in about the durability of the insert system. Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to shoot VAPs they are the bomb.

5. theleo

theleo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have to ask, why was your coworker shooting such a small head?

6. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Hey likes a smaller head for longer shots he's taken Mullies and elk at 70 and 80 yards and he'll only use a fixed blade cut on contact heads so he searched for the smallest and strongest he could find. His fixed blades hit like field points no broad head tuning required he took a elk at 37 yards complete pass thru the elk ran maybe 25 yards and tip over in front on him so he swears by them and will use nothing else.

7. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen him take a elk at 67 yards the thing never knew what hit it walked a few steps and fell over he's got it all on tape.

8. theleo

theleo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't doubt you, it's just the first time I've heard of anyone using them on a dedicated elk/mule deer setup.

9. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Me to when I heard it I was like what ! But then he showed me at the range hitting 80 yards why he shoots them he absolutely loves them and swears by them now.

10. jwork

jwork Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ive shot the VAP 1 for the last 2 years. Looks like they don't make them anymore, anyone know which of there new arrow is like them. I'm in need of some and don't know which to buy. I found some of the VAP 1s on Ebay but would just buy the new version, if I knew which one. By the way I love them.