Veteran's Day

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Iowa Veteran, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please take two moments today to:
    1. Remember those who have laid down their life in service to this country so that you may enjoy your life; and
    2. Pray for those in the military still serving both here and on foreign soil that they might complete their mission and return home safe and sound.

Then, tonight place a lit candle in a window to symbolize your respect for them.

Thanks,

Mark

2. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good call.

3. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1. Did so while hunting this morning, this luxury would not be possible if it weren't for all the men and women that have served for our country, many dying to ensure that we can continue living in the greatest country.
    2. Did, even wore a U.S. Army shirt given to me by an employee of mine that almost died in Iraq two years ago. I still have my step brothers son over there somewhere serving in the Marines as well so this day is close to my heart.
    3. Called my Dad and thanked him for everything he has brought to my life, he almost didn't make it out of Nam, also left a message for my step brother who was in Beirut when the barracks were bombed.
    4. Took a moment in my stand to reflect on my Dad's Best Friend who is no longer with us, he brought my father and I back to the great outdoors twenty years ago and is the bravest S.O.B. I ever knew. He was a froggy who jumped out of river boats in NAM and the best damned fisherman I ever knew, he also killed a nice Buck here and there.

Thanks to all veterans of the forum as well, without you we might not have all the great things we have.

5. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    no words need to be said but....

thanks

6. Zdeerslayer

Zdeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone who has served, and who is serving.