Vertix or Triax?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bert Siegrist, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Bert Siegrist

Bert Siegrist Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to get a new bow for the 2019 season. I currently shoot a Mathews Z7 Extreme. I have test shot the Triax and Vertix. Anyone have input on which they would purchase based on time with both bows?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well, you've shot them both - what did you think? Doesn't matter a whole lot what the rest of us think since you're the one shooting them.

If I had to pick one it would be the Vertix by a slim margin. Mostly because I like the grip better. lol

Bert Siegrist likes this.
  3. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot both...I felt much more comfortable at my height and 29" draw length shooting the Vertix for the string angle and peep placement. So I'd buy the Vertix over the Triax. Honestly I'd actually probably buy the Traverse over both of those. Otherwise they're very similar. Is the new grip and switch weight mods worth the extra money for the newer model vs buying a slightly used one??? Up to you

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally like a longer axle-to-axle, so I chose the Halon 32 for my current bow. I never even considered selling it for the Triax since it's only a 28" axle-to-axle. I will be shooting the Vertix to see what my thoughts are, but it's likely I'll be selling the Halon 32 and replacing it with a Vertix. Just haven't gotten a chance to get out and shoot it yet.

5. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Jdub... Traverse

Western MA Hunter likes this.
  6. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am curious on your input on them. I have not been able to shoot the Vertix yet so I cannot compare but did enjoy the Triax.

7. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, I haven't gotten my hands on either but I absolutely love my Halon 32. Is there really any difference?? just asking. Thanks.

8. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just the other day I shot my Halon 30 (which I prefer over the Halon 32) against the Vertix. I had money in hand to walk out with one if I liked it well enough.

It left me with a real meh feeling. Definitely a slick shooting bow, but I could not tell any real differences between it and my Halon other than the grip. I was not too big on the Triax last year.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to what you like though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Western MA Hunter and grommel like this.
  9. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was really surprised buy the triax. I shot the triax , halon 32, traverse and vertix. Thats the order i would personally put them in to.

10. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Biggest difference for me is the riser balance. They did it best with the Triax as that bow is IMO absolutely perfectly balanced. The Vertix and Traverse to me feel much better at full draw as they got the weight above and below the grip really well balanced. To me the Halons were too top heavy.( I know once rigged out you can balance those Halons) The grip is new and different. Better? I don't know it has a different angle and is not as flat. I shoot both grips well so I'll call that a wash.
    The only other attribute is noise and feel at the shot. The new design is more quiet and dead than the Halons.
    When I was trying the Traverse there was a guy shooting a Halon 32 while I was waiting for the shop guy to get a rest on mine. I was like wow this guys Halon is super quiet. Then I shot the Traverse and Vertix...nope those things are more quiet. The Halon shooter was surprised and shot the Traverse right after me.
    If I was shorter I would be shooting a Triax or Vertix. Since I'm not I'll be looking hard at a Traverse purchase. They'll probably put the switch weight tech on the Traverse next year and call it the Travertix. I'll buy that bow.

Western MA Hunter likes this.
  11. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking the same thing... I have a Halon 7 and am trying to find a reason to want to try out the Vertix... The Traverse does look interesting as well.

12. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Triax and it is a very good bow. However, I love the new grip on the Vertix. Also, I thought the Triax was the quietest bare bow I had ever shot until I shot the Vertix. They both are very quiet bows, but the Vertix won out for me.