Used bow sales?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Brandon8807, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking into buying a "new" used bow. I was just wondering if any of you guys knew of any good online sites to look at? I'm currently in college so I can't necessarily afford a top of the line new release, but i do realize that to get a good bow I'm going to have to invest a little bit of money. Thanks ahead of time for any recommendations.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure your budget but I would look at the bow Greg/MO just posted in the classifieds. Knowing Greg it is in perfect condition and it is a great deal.

3. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Every now and then you can find great deals on ebay. I just recently got a PSE Brute, and I looked on there before I ended up getting it at Bass Pro. There were some pretty sweet deals.

4. madhunter

madhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What are you looking for?

5. zacer1129

zacer1129 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also not sure about your budget, but when I bought my Hoyt, I didn't want to spend a gob either. I bought it new, but I got it when it was a model year old. He had it in the pro-shop as a display and had it decked out with fuse accessories. Gave me the bow and ALL the bells and whistles for the price of a new Trykon bone stock. This also leads me to believe that regardless of the brand you are picking out, if you want to go this route, if they come out with a new model, (I bought mine the year Hoyt introduced the Vectrix) it will further depreciate the cost for the "year old" bow. Good luck looking!

6. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    I'm willing to pay around $450 for a bare bow and maybe up to $550 for a bow with sights, rest, stabilizer etc. There isn't a certain model in specific that I'm looking for but once I find one I might be interested in I plan on going to the local bow shop and shooting it to see if I like it before I buy it.

7. Southernboy

Southernboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Brandon,

GO check out this place on the web.....huntersfriend.com

I got the Diamond Rock Package from them.

Simply incredible deals.

SB

8. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Also brandon, I assume for obvious reasons that you like PSE. If that's the case, check out the Brute. As I said, I just got one of those, and it's freaking sweet. I think the package is like 500. You can't get it from the place that southernboy mentioned. For whatever reason, they don't carry it.

9. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    there definitely are some good deals here. but as with any good thing, they come & go , and don't last long. ask around at your local pro-shop. I got a real sweet deal on a tribute that was 9 mo old, & $300 cheaper than a new one.

10. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I was really interested in Rick James' Diamond Marquis for $400 but it came and sold before I even had a chance to talk to him.

11. newbow14

newbow14 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey man i know the feeling, i am a college student as well. But I got an '05 mathew's outback setup off of ebay from a private seller. complete setup for only $350. it was my first bow purchase and I wouldn't change a thing. If you decide to go ebay contact the seller and ask for more pic's of the bow and setup, ask for any damage records, and bug the seller again asking about the item, can't ask too many questions when your $$$ is on the line. check hard right at the end of the season especially now these '09 lines are coming out. I actually purchased mine this past June and lot's of ppl were selling their bow's trying to buy a new one in time to practice for the upcoming season. The guy i bought my bow from also had 3 other bow's he was auctioning on ebay. Also check the classifieds here or on archerytalk.com

12. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check the classifieds on archerytalk.com

I've picked up my last 3 bows there, and there are some GREAT deals to be had in just about every bow you can imagine.