Uploading Hunting Film

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Matthew Bolt, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Matthew Bolt

Matthew Bolt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most of the time, to get pictures from my camera to my phone I will upload the pictures onto my computer via SD card, then email the pictures to myself, or use the Snapbridge app and the pictures download to my phone automatically. However, with large video files (200+ mb) you cannot send these via email, and they do not transfer via the Snapbridge app; the largest file you can send via email is about 30 mb. So how do you get large-memory video files from your camera to your phone, efficiently?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what kind of phone. My phone has a slot for a micro-SD. That would be the easiest way, but if your an I-phone guy then that's not an option. So, your best bet would be to upload the file to a service like dropbox from you PC, then download it on your phone. Dropbox is OK, but they have a pretty low amount of storage for the free application. They want you to buy the premium version to get enough storage to make it worth while. There are other cloud based storage solutions like Microsoft OneDrive and others.

Matthew Bolt likes this.
  3. Matthew Bolt

Matthew Bolt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your response. Yes I have an Iphone, unfortunately no micro SD slot. I have tried OneDrive and it failed when trying to upload my videos. Not sure what the problem was there. And yes, i've noticed most dropbox services only allow certain amounts of data before they want you to pay for it. I am simply trying to get a small video from my computer/camera to my phone so I can share it easier. I suppose I could use a card reader for iphone and upload it that way.... I will continue exploring my options.

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To add to what SkyWalker said you can use iTunes to transfer the video from your phone to the local computer. Should also be able to connect a Droid to the computer with a USB cable and transfer that way.

5. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wetransfer.com does up to 2 gb. I have a mac and iphone so I can transfer these through the cloud