Update on my rage 2.3

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Aaron S, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Aaron S

Aaron S Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Completely not happy..... I shoot a diamond edge sb1. 65#. Twenty yard shoot opening day I got maybe a total of four inches penitration. Lost my doe after tracking a very spotty trail for nearly a mile. Blood just stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron Im sorry you lost your animal but you can't blame the head just yet. With the Diamond edge at 65# unless you are shooting a heavy arrow the 2.3 was probably not a good candidate to start with. I hear what you are saying but without recovering the animal its just no proof on what went wrong.

But at the same time you don't want to shoot anything you don't have confidence in. Do you have another head that you can shoot that you have had good luck with? If so put it on, make sure it shoots good and get back in the stand. :tu: Good luck.

Aaron S likes this.
  3. randy3003

randy3003 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I had to give up my compound due to shoulder and hand surgeries (both on the same side) I did just what I did when I changed to a mechanical. I tried many of the more popular brands and styles even, and the overall winner in performance and flight in both instances was the swhacker broad head. They fly just like my field points, I've never had one fail to deploy, the blades are sturdy and don't break on impact (a problem I had with the rage and several other broad heads) and having brand new blades open inside the ribs cutting so cleanly seems to have shortened my tracking time and distance. I hunt almost exclusively from the ground now so I use the 100grain heads now. They're lighter and cause less in flight drop allowing me to shoot through tighter shooting windows (which is often required when ground blind hunting). I also now use the I 3/4" deploy rather than the 2" I used to use and haven't noticed any performance differences. If you've never used a swhacker broad head you probably should. They work for me awesome, and I've been slinging sticks for over 50 years now. They even do a great job on our Florida hogs. Good luck to you no matter what broad head you choose. Buy them from a reputable dealer so you get a better quality Made in the USA product. The market is flooded with the ching ching knock offs.

marv.schmitz87 and Aaron S like this.
  4. marv.schmitz87

marv.schmitz87 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1 for the swhacker broadhead.
    I switched from fixed blade G5s to mechanical rages and was not too happy witht their flight performance.
    Finally switched to the swhacker 100gs and could not be happier.
    Every deer I shot so far with the swhackers fell in sight distance with really good blood trails.

randy3003 likes this.