Under Armour Outer Layers

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by indynotch50, Oct 15, 2013.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks to some recent luck on gift cards, I have enough to get a new set of outer layers. Currently I have the field and stream, which are nice, but very baggy, but they do well in the snow.

I am thinking about going to something more fitting like the under armour series. I'm a big fan of their gear as every piece I've owned has always been a top perfomer.

Currently I'm looking at the rut scent control line. That is the warmest line they have and it fits more snug.

Does anyone have experience with this line or others?

2. Lefty

Lefty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the under armour rut series and absolutely love it! Comfortable and warm. It also has these nifty pockets right over your kidneys for hand warmers which help keep your body warm in extra cold weather. Highly recommend.

3. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Ridge Reaper Pants and Coat at Marshalls for $150! Best purchase I have ever made.

4. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Early Season Ridge Reaper. Light enough in early season and I can put multiple layers underneath to keep warm later on. Under Armour is the way to go.

5. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using the ridge reaper jacket and pant as well. I'm loving it so far, I sat the past few mornings and its been in the high 30s and I have been really comfortable. The "infrared" technology that they say helps has been doing its job for me. Also I'm just layering up with under armours 2.0 base layers.

6. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dream season silent shell scent blocker suit is what I have...got a real good deal on it barely used and love it...I went to it for the same reason....snug fit....under armour is a great fit to...I have a light season jacket from them and all my base layers....it pays to buy good stuff imo...below 30 degrees and im confident I can sit as long as I want with very few layers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

7. CelticSavage

CelticSavage Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Ayton fleece pants and love them. There rubber boots are pretty sweet too. Light and feel like you're wearing tennis shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

8. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the under armor ridge reaper suit and I love it! It is a little heavy for early season but once it hits 40s and 50s it is great!! The suit fits perfect not too loose and not too tight! If you order online the sizes are really close so make sure you order the right size! I am a 38 waist but I ordered a 40 so I could put clothes under them and I have to use a belt to keep them from falling down.

9. Dustin

Dustin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the under armour ridge reaper infrared jacket and the rut scent pants. I love them!! Work great. I use a lot of layer however under the jacket. It is quite thin. The one thing holding me back from getting the rut scent jacket was the back of it. The green. I know it doesn't really matter but I really didn't like that. Also I didn't like the feel of the draw strings on the sleeve. I would have loved the extra warmth but I went for comfort. IMO the whole under armour line is fantastic!!

10. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Id like to hear more about the ayton bib and jacket. I have the early season pants but even with layering, 30 degree temps just made it too cold for me.

11. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here I think im going with the rut jacket I think but I really want bibs instead of pants for late season. Any reviews with the ayton bibs for teens-20 temps?

12. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wore mine for the first time in lower teen temps a couple weeks ago, and they were very comfortable. The only thing that was cold were my toes :tu:

13. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Did you layer up under?

14. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All I had was a pair of the Under Armour rainproof bibs over the top of them, because it was pretty windy that day and I figured the rainproof bibs would really keep the wind off. The Ayton bibs are pretty warm by themselves.

15. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Alright thanks. Do you have the jacket also?

16. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not outter .. just base layer. It's good.

17. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Rut Scent Control jacket, not the Ayton. Mine is pretty warm, but more is needed for that temp IMO. I put a Cabelas pullover on over the UA jacket and I was fine

18. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the UA Capture jacket and pants. They no longer make this line, but you can still buy them from some online stores. I love them! With layering an UA sweatshirt and UA compression shirt under the jacket last year I was able to hunt in some -25 degree windchills for our late muzzleloader season.

19. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what i was thinking of doing is buying the ayton bibs then the rut jacket. Rut is suppose to be warmer then the ayton I thought??
    Boof that is dang cold with the wind chill

20. IowaHusker28

IowaHusker28 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the rut series, and I am huge fan and recommend it highly. Its tight fitting but still has room for comfortable layering. It is also very quiet walking in. I have both the pants and jacket. I to was going to get the bibs but was convinced otherwise by a great salesmen, but would make the purchase over if I had the chance! I also might add the color is great.