uh-oh

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Kfili, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I am suffering the consequences of not staying in constant practice this off season. (got too focused on the bass bite!) When I picked up my bow a month or so ago I thought everything would be fine, until a few bad days turned into more. I thought it was my old beat up bow, I was able to find a new bow in my price range but ...no luck more bad days. I kept missing left, moved the sight still hitting the same spot, I'm pretty sure im flinching during release. I am officially dealing with the dreaded target panic. for the past week I have only shot blind and practiced aiming. I plan on continuing this until the last week in august or so. I know thats probably not really enough time, but time will tell. Wish me luck.

2. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shooting year round is the cure. Daily practice is important.

3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, practice is important, but once your bow is dialed in, accuracy shouldn't be an issue. Even after a long off season. Honestly, I let my bow sit for most of the year, but when I shoot for the first time of the season, usually in August, I'm still accurate from the gate. After time, it's like riding a bike, you don't forget certain things.

4. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One thing I did was buy a thumb release and practice with that. I found it really helped to switch it up. Now I shoot better than ever with my wrist release. I spent alot of time practicing aiming and shot execution on a blank target from close range. Then I gradually increased my range back out to 20 then eventually 40yards. Now I don't feel I have an issue with panic.

5. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I start shooting again when it cools off a little.. Im not shooting when its 90-100 degrees out. lol

6. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hear that! That's why I usually keep my sessions short. Just a few shots tells me what I need to know.